JUNEAU, Wis. — From Wisconsin to Ireland, training sessions hosted by the Professional Dairy Producers® (PDPW) in August 2017 will focus on on-farm networking and training to help dairy farmers improve their operations and create dialogues with local community leaders. As a producer-led group, these trainings and events bring dynamic education in a variety of mediums to help farmers and industry professionals stay at the forefront of issues impacting their businesses and to be on the leading-edge of technologies and practices for managing today’s high-performing modern dairy farm.
August training and educational events include:
- August 16, Prairie du Sac, Wis. – PDPW Dairy Dialogue Day Tour
- August 12-22, Ireland – PDPW International Dairy Tour: Ireland
- August 28, Waupaca, Wis. – ACE On-the-Farm Twilight Meetings at Brooks Farms
- August 29, Mondovi, Wis. – ACE On-the-Farm Twilight Meetings at Mar-Bec Dairy
- August 30, Waukesha, Wis. – ACE On-the-Farm Twilight Meetings at Cozy Nook Farm
- August 31, Dane, Wis. – ACE On-the-Farm Twilight Meetings at Ripp’s Dairy Valley, LLC
PDPW Dairy Dialogue Day Tour™, Wednesday, August 16, Prairie du Sac, Wis., from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. A daylong chartered bus tour will provide dairy owners and managers the opportunity to tour two high-performing dairies and discuss new ideas and insights on achieving reproduction goals, optimizing calf growth, developing quality genetics, managing high production, and exploring different types of stall bedding and comfort. Tour stops will include Wargo Acres, owned and operated by the Carncross family near Lodi, Wis., and Blue Star Dairy, owned and operated by the Meinholz family near Middleton, Wis. The tour will be facilitated by Dr. Randy Shaver, professor at UW-Madison and extension dairy nutritionist. Earn up to 4.0 Dairy AdvanCE Continuing Education (CE) Credits.
PDPW International Dairy Tour: Ireland, August 12-22. A group of 50 dairy farmers will spend 10 days discovering the beauty, history and tradition of Ireland and learn about the country’s unique dairy industry. From the streets of Dublin to the Blarney castle, and multiple farms and research centers along the way, tour participants will experience an educational trip of a lifetime. Each year, PDPW hosts an international tour that combines travel, tours, education and networking. As in past years, the Ireland tour sold out quickly. Tour participants will earn up 16.0 Dairy AdvanCE CEs.
ACE (Agricultural Community Engagement®) On-the-Farm Twilight Meetings, August 28, 29, 30, and 31 at dairy-farm locations, starting at 6 p.m. each evening. Community leaders and dairy producers are invited to discuss issues important to our rural communities and economies. Each evening will feature a 60-minute tour of the hosting dairy, followed by open dialogue and ice cream. The meetings are a joint initiative of the Wisconsin Counties Association, Wisconsin Towns Association and the Professional Dairy Producers, and are free and open to the public. Hosting dairies include:
- Monday, August 28, Brooks Farms near Waupaca, Wis. (Waupaca County)
- Tuesday, August 29, Mar-Bec Dairy near Mondovi, Wis. (Buffalo County)
- Wednesday, August 30, Cozy Nook Farm near Waukesha, Wis. (Waukesha County)
- Thursday, August 31, Ripp’s Dairy Valley near Dane, Wis. (Dane County)
Dairy AdvanCE is the nation’s go-to resource for continuing education in dairy. Find vetted trainings from trusted education providers, track and manage CE credits, and report your CEs through your secure transcript. Learn more at DairyAdvance.org or watch the video.
— Professional Dairy Producers
For more news from Wisconsin, click here.