OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom is hosting five one-day Ag Career CAMPs after receiving the National Ag in the Classroom CHS grant. We are excited to help teach more students about the variety of career opportunities available in agriculture.
Ag Career CAMP is open to School Counselors, School Administrators, Agricultural Education Teachers, Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers, and 4-H Program Leaders/Extension. Each adult will bring a high school junior or senior student with them who is interested in agricultural careers. The teacher/administrator will leave with resources to teach about agricultural careers and the student will be required to participate in an agricultural job shadow experience. We will assist in finding a job shadow experience if help is needed. The student will make a 3-4 minute video sharing about their job shadow experience (video can also include pictures taken).
Schedule for Ag Career Camp:
8:00 – Noon – Real Colors, Dressing for Success, Interview Skills, Resume, Social Media, and Marketing
Noon – Lunch will be provided
12:45 – 4:15 pm – Agricultural Career Tours
*Schedule will be flipped for our December 2nd location*
Available 2021 Ag Career CAMPS:
1. Thursday, November 4th: Claremore Northeast Tech (1901 N. Highway 88. Claremore, OK. 74017)
2. Monday, November 8th: Hobart Western Technology Center (1000 S Bailey St. Hobart, OK. 73651)
3. Friday, November 12th: Woodward High Plains Technology Center (3921 34th St Woodward, OK. 73801)
4. Thursday, November 18th: McAlester Kiamichi Technology Center (301 Kiaminchi Drive, McAlester, OK. 74501)
5. Thursday, December 2nd: El Reno Canadian Valley Technology Center (2605 S Evans Rd, El Reno, OK 73036)
**ONLY 25 teachers/administrators and 25 students will be accepted per location – first come, first serve. You will receive an email within 24-48 hours to confirm your spot. You will also receive a copy of the form you submitted.
*If something happens and you are not able to bring the original student with you, please email email@example.com and let us know the name of the student you will be bringing. Thank you!
REGISTER AT THIS LINK:
–Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom