PORTLAND, Ore. — OFRF is pleased to announce the 2019 Organic Agriculture Research Forum to be presented in partnership with Organicology on February 16, 2019 in Portland, Oregon.
Presenters are invited to submit abstracts for the forum. Presentations will be selected based on their innovative excellence, relevance to the research, education, and extension needs and priorities of organic farmers and ranchers, soundness of the methodology used, and the overall scientific quality. Forum proceedings will be open-access and electronically available via eOrganic.info.
Topics of interest include:
- Agroecology and ecosystem services provided by organic farming systems
- Soil health and soil quality
- Soil health and human health connection
- Biological and cultural practices to manage insects, diseases, and weeds
- Holistic animal health and nutrition, grazing and pasture management systems
- Breeding, selection of crops and animals, and seed systems suitable for organic production
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation, including water conservation
- Integration of perennials in organic farming systems and permaculture system design
- Value-added production and processing without synthetic food additives and processing aids
- Nutritional quality, health benefits and integrity of organic food
- The organic agriculture impact on rural communities
- Organic farm economics, marketing, and consumer behavior
- Innovative approaches to teaching organic farming practices
- Innovative approaches to transfer knowledge to beginning and transitioning farmers and ranchers
- Challenges to begin or transition into organic production systems
- Appropriate methods and practices for systems and on-farm research
- Public policies to facilitate the transition to organic farming
Cross-disciplinary papers are encouraged. Abstracts should be less than 500 words and include the following:
- Working title and topic area
- Names of co-authors and contact information
- Introduction explaining the context and purpose of the research, the methods used, and a brief summary of the results and conclusion
The deadline for submissions is September 10, 2018. Abstracts should be sent to email@example.com. Researchers with questions about the conference can call OFRF at 831-426-6606.
Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is a non-profit foundation that works to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. OFRF cultivates organic research, education, and federal policies that bring more farmers and acreage into organic production.
Organicology is the largest gathering within the organic trade. The conference is designed by Organically Grown Company, Oregon Tilth, Sustainable Food Trade Association, and Organic Seed Alliance. The 2019 Organicology conference takes place February 14-16 at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in Portland, Oregon.
–Organic Farming Research Foundation
For more articles concerning the organic industry, click here.