SALEM, Ore. — The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) is pleased to announce a grant opportunity to help Oregon producers and processors access the school marketplace. Application materials are now available at ODA’s Farm to School webpage: http://oda.direct/F2S.
The deadline to apply is May 23, 2022.
During the 2021 session, the Oregon Legislature approved a $10 million Farm to School Program. While the Oregon Department of Education is responsible for allocating most of the funds, ODA was given authority to oversee $200,000 in equipment and infrastructure grants for producers who intend to sell to schools.
The goal of this competitive grant program is to provide financial resources for Oregon producers (farmers, ranchers, seafood harvesters and processors) with specific equipment and infrastructure needs, and who intend to sell food produced or processed in Oregon to any of the following food sponsors:
- A school district participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP);
- A provider of center-based programs for children in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP); and
- An entity that provides meals through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
- Request for applications open: April 18, 2022
- Informational webinar for producers: April 25, 2022 — 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Applications due: May 23, 2022
- Awards announced: July 5, 2022
Farm to School is a program through which schools buy and feature locally produced, farm-fresh foods and processed products from Oregon. Schools can also incorporate lessons on agriculture, nutrition, and learning opportunities such as farm visits and school garden programming.
To review the grant details and access the application, please go to ODA’s Farm to School webpage: https://oda.direct/
For additional information or questions, please contact: