ERIE CO., N.Y. — The 2023 NYS Educational Schools for Garden Centers, Greenhouses & Growers is a collaborative effort of educators from CCE Erie, CCE Orange, CCE Broome, CCE Steuben, the CCE Capital Area Ag & Horticulture Program, NYS IPM, and New York State Flower Industries and its partners. The full-day program on January 18th will allow attendees to earn NYS DEC Pesticide Recertification credits.
Morning Program – 9:00 – 12:00 PM VIRTUAL
(View at your location, or at Roycroft Powerhouse, East Aurora, NY)
- Biostimulants – Nothing But the Facts – Rick Yates, Griffin Industries Technical Services Manager
- PGR’s for Perennial Production – Joyce Latimar, retired University of Virginia Extension
- Upgrading Energy Efficiency for Greenhouse Growers – A.J. Both, Rutgers University
- Protect Your 2023 Crops Against 2022 Diseases! – Margery Daughtrey, Cornell University
Afternoon Program – 1:25 – 4:30 PM IN PERSON
(Roycroft Powerhouse, 39 S. Grove Street, East Aurora, NY)
- Box Tree Moth Update: What to Watch Out For – Sharon Bachman, CCE Erie
- Spotted Lanternfly in WNY: Update on Erie County Detection and What This Means for Horticulture Businesses – Jennifer Russo, Lake Erie Regional Grape Program
- Review of 2022 Growing Season Pest Issues – Preparing for 2023 – Jamilyn Woodside, NYS Department of Ag and Markets
- Greenhouses and Extreme Weather Events – Being Ready to Weather the Storm – Tim Terry, Agriculture Extension Specialist, Cornell University
- Integrating Biologicals and Biorationals into Greenhouse IPM Programs – Nick Flax, Technical Services Specialist, Ball Seed Company
For more information on agenda topics and speakers, visit our event webpage at erie.cce.cornell.edu/events or on the New York State Flower Industries website: http://www.newyorkstateflowerindustries.com/educational-schools-for-garden-centers-greenhouses-and-growers
VIRTUAL (AM) $50 ($45 for CCE Erie Ag Supporter)
IN-PERSON (PM) $35 ($30 for CCE Erie Ag Supporter)
Both Programs $75 ($70 for CCE Erie Ag Supporter)
Register for half or full day – REGISTER HERE
For information on becoming a CCE Erie Ag Supporter, see https://erie.cce.cornell.edu/agriculture/ag-supporter-opt-in
Growers may earn NYS DEC pesticide recertification credits by attending. Credits have been approved. Only those who register and stay for the entire course will receive a Recertification Course Certificate. There will be separate certificates for the morning and afternoon programs.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (716) 652-5400 ext176. For persons with disabilities requiring accommodations, please contact Sharon Bachman (716) 652-5400 x150 5 days prior to the event.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County (CCE Erie) uses local experience and research-supported solutions to build stronger communities. CCE Erie provides educational programs to county residents in 4-H Youth Development; Agriculture and Food Systems; Nutrition and Community Health; Environment and Natural Resources, Sustainable Energy and Climate Change; and Consumer and Economic Vitality.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County