LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The North American Championship Rodeo returns to Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center Nov. 9-11 for the Great Lakes Circuit Rodeo finals.
The rodeo is held during the North American International Livestock Exposition, with contestants vying for over $80,000 in prizes and the title of Regional Champion. Winners will go on to the RAM National Circuit Finals Rodeo in Kissimmee, Florida for the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association.
During the North American Championship Rodeo, top cowboys and cowgirls from Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will compete in a number of events, including:
- Bareback riding
- Bull riding
- Saddle bronc riding
- Steer wrestling
- Team roping
- Women’s barrel racing
- Rodeo clowns
The rodeo will feature special promotions:
Friday, Nov. 10
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink, fans and contestants are encouraged to wear pink to show support for the fight against breast cancer, a portion of proceeds will be donated to Horses and Hope.
Saturday, Nov. 11
- Kid’s Cowboy Hat Night, the first 500 children (age 12 and under) in the lobby after 6 p.m. will receive a free straw cowboy hat.
- Veteran’s Day: military members, veterans and first responders can receive 50 percent off their ticket. More information is available atkyvenues.wordpress.com/2017/09/29/celebrate-veterans-day-with-our-military-discount.
The show begins at 7:30 p.m. each evening. Admission prices vary:
- Thursday, Nov. 9 $25 for adults $5 for children (ages 2-12)
- Friday, Nov. 10 $30 for adults $10 for children (ages 2-12)
- Saturday, Nov. 11 $32 for adults $10 for children (ages 2-12)
The North American International Livestock Exposition is the largest all-breed, purebred expo in the world and takes place Oct. 31 through Nov. 16, 2017. For more information, visit www.livestockexpo.org.
— Kentucky Venues
For more news from Kentucky, click here.