ALBANY — New York Burger Lovers submitted over 943 nominations between April 1 – April 12 to kick off the quest to find the Best NY Burger. Nominations were accepted through Facebook and Instagram as well as on https://www.nybeef.org/contests/monthly-contest. The number of votes each restaurant received determined the 2019 Top Ten restaurants. The restaurants making the Top Ten list (in alphabetical order) include:
- Ale & Angus Pub, Syracuse, “Beef on Weck” (returning 2018 Champion with “Power Play”)
- Black Door Burger, Long Beach, “Black Out Burger”
- CB Craft Brewers, Honeoye Falls “MacBubba Burger”
- Crazy Otto’s Empire, Herkimer, “Mushroom Cheese Burger”
- Madison Bistro, Wampsville. “Texan Burger”
- Nighthawks, Troy “Cheeseburger”
- Pizza Man Pub, Baldwinsville, “Bleu Moon Burger”
- The Gate House, Rochester, “Pandora Burger”
- Uncles Tavern, New York Mills, “Main Event Burger”
- Zoe’s Ice Cream Barn, Lagrangeville, “JSK Cattle Co. LLC Burger’
“New York has over 13, 500 beef and dairy producers and this contest is a great way to celebrate the beef they produce and the impact they have on New York’s economy,” says Jean O’Toole, Executive Director of NYBC.
To qualify, the burger must be a 100% beef patty or patties, although other ingredients may be added such as spices, and served on a bun, or bread product. Burgers may include any combination of condiments, sauces, cheese or toppings.
The quest for the winner of the Best NY Burger will now begin. The Top Ten restaurants will submit a hi-res photo of their nominated burger, where they will be voted for, on line, from Noon, April 22 to Midnight April 28, to decide the “Final Four”. The Final Four will then have a cook-off at Onondaga Community College for a panel of judges on May 13. The judges’ scores and comments will be accumulated, and the winner will be announced on May 14. (May is Beef Month for New York State).
“We encourage everyone to visit the Top Ten restaurants,” says O’Toole, These are only a few of the many restaurants in New York that do an outstanding job of promoting and serving beef to their customers on behalf of New York’s beef and dairy farmers.”
To learn more about the contest and the Top Ten restaurants, visit https://www.nybeef.org/contests/monthly-contest
–New York Beef Council