MECHANICSBURG, Pa. — Are you a youth ages 16 to 21 with an interest in starting your own farming or agricultural business venture? Let AgChoice Farm Credit help you jumpstart your small business with a mini grant.
This spring, AgChoice will award five $2,500 jumpstart mini grants to youth who launched a farming business in the last two years or plan to start one in the next two years. The application deadline is April 1, 2022.
Grant funds must be used for agriculture purposes to start a farm business within two years of receiving the grant. Fund use examples include operating expenses, equipment, livestock or other startup costs. Applicants must be ages 16 to 21 as of January 1, 2022 and reside within AgChoice Farm Credit’s territory.
To learn more about the mini jumpstart grants, including an application and complete details, visit agchoice.com/minigrants.
In addition to grant opportunities, AgChoice offers expanded benefits for eligible young, beginning and small (YBS) farmers, including up to a .25% interest rate reduction on new AgChoice loans. Other incentives for qualifying farmers:
- Up to $250 off loan origination fees for any loan,
- Up to $500 off AgChoice recordkeeping and tax services,
- Up to $500 off AgChoice business consulting services,
- Up to $500 off an AgChoice appraisal, completed for a loan or a fee appraisal completed within two years of loan closing,
- AgChoice may pay the initial year fees incurred for an FSA or other governmental loan guarantee and
- Up to $250 educational reimbursement from AgChoice to pay for trainings, including AgBiz Masters, Ag Biz Basics or other outside trainings.
Learn more about YBS farmer programs at agchoice.com.
AgChoice Farm Credit specializes in providing farm and country property loans and financial services to help customers confidently reach their dreams in 52 Pennsylvania counties and four West Virginia counties. Learn more at agchoice.com or 1-800-998-5557.
–AgChoice Farm Credit