NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Plan to attend the Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Annual Conference, Saturday October 17, 2020 at the Westside Event Center, 2475 County Rd 62, Alliance NE 69301. Registration will begin at 9:00 am Mountain Time. The educational program will consist of:
- 9:15 Welcome by Aaron Fintel, President of the Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Association
- 9:30 Travel to and tour of Open Skies Farm located at 28782 CR 59 Alliance NE
- Speakers will include Jacques Grobler commercial sheep producer from South Africa and Gerdus Korb purebred white dorper seedstock producer from South Africa – “ The similarities of raising sheep from South Africa to the USA.”
- 10:45 Gwendolyn Kitzan – American Lamb Board Update at the Event Center
- 12:00 Lunch – “Cooking with Lamb”
- 1:00 Jaelyn Whaley, SDSU Sheep Field Specialist – “Evaluating the effects of excessively finished lambs on the processing sector.”
- 1:30 Kat Tylee, fiber artist and wool grader of Little Hawks Yarns, Chadron – “The in and out of the fiber world.”
- 2:00 Harold Johnson, Windmill Boer Goats, Hyannis, NE _ “Raising goats and grazing management of your pastures.”
- 2:45 Randy Saner, UNL Extension Educator, North Platte – Nebraska sheep and goat budgets do they look reasonable?”
- 3:30 Producer Panel
- 5:00 pm Annual meeting and dinner
To register visit the website http://nebraskasheepandgoat.org or contact Melissa Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-386-8378.
— University of Nebraska-Lincoln
For more news from Nebraska, click here.