ALBANY — The Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance announced that the February 8th Annual Forum will feature a panel discussion on the topic “Meeting Market Demands for Non-GMO Feed and Food.”
“Although this topic may be somewhat controversial given the active public debate on genetically engineered foods, there is a segment of the food retail industry moving in this direction and our members need to understand the implications,” stated NEAFA Executive Director Rick Zimmerman. The panel is part of the Annual Forum agenda that includes former Agriculture Secretary John Block as keynote speaker.
A panel of experts, from various sectors of the agriculture and food system, has been assembled to assure a robust discussion. This panel includes:
- Jon Greenwood, Dairy Farmer and Chair of the Northeast Dairy Producers Association
- Emily Meredith, Chief of Staff, National Milk Producers Association
- Kiersten Bourgeois, Business Development and Communications Manager, St. Albans Cooperative Creamery
- Axel Lundstrom, Director US Farm Relationship Management, The Dannon company, Inc
- Rhonda Cole, President, Simply Sourced, Inc.
Dr. Tom Overton, Professor of Animal Science at Cornell University, will moderate the panel.
The Northeast Agribusiness and Feed alliance’s Annual Meeting and Forum will be held on February 7 and 8, 2017 at the Albany Marriott Hotel, Albany, NY.
For more information, including registration and sponsorship, please go to: www.northeastallinace.com.
—Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance