PRIMGHAR, Iowa — Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach recently released the schedule for the Annual Northwest Iowa Land Leasing and Value Meetings.
The meetings are intended for current and prospective tenants and landlords, and will cover current cash rental rates and land value survey results; how to determine a fair cash rent for 2017-18; effective tenant/landlord communication; strategies for writing and terminating a farm lease; and other ag lease decision-making resources.
Meetings are 3 hours in length and all registrants will receive a leasing reference manual. There is a $20 per individual registration fee for all individuals who pre-register at least 2 days prior to the meeting. Any late registrants will face an additional $5 fee.
Individuals may register by calling the ISU Extension and Outreach Office hosting the meeting at the phone number listed below.
- August 3, 9:00 a.m. – Northwest Iowa Community College (Building H, Room 519), Sheldon
Register to 712-754-3648.
- August 3, 2:00 p.m. – Public Library, Rock Rapids
Register to 712-472-2576.
- August 8, 9:00 a.m. – West Iowa Bank Meeting Room, Laurens
Register to 712-335-3103.
- August 8, 6:00 p.m. – 4-H Auditorium, Clay County Fairgrounds, Spencer
Register to 712-262-2264.
- August 10, 9:00 a.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Sioux County Office, Orange City
Register to 712-737-4230.
- August 10, 6:00 p.m. – Western Iowa Tech Community College, Cherokee
Register to 712-225-6196.
- August 16, 9:00 a.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Woodbury County Office, Sioux City
Register to 712-276-2157.
- August 16, 6:00 p.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Plymouth County Office, Le Mars
Register to 712-546-7835.
- August 17, 9:00 a.m. – Immaculate Conception Parish Center, Graettinger
Register to 712-362-3434.
- August 17, 2:00 p.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Buena Vista County Office, Storm Lake
Register to 712-732-5056.
- August 17, 6:00 p.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Dickinson County Office, Spirit Lake
Register to 712-336-3488.
For more information regarding land leasing and value, visit http://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/ or contact Gary Wright, Farm Management Specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach, at 712-223-1574 or email@example.com.
— Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
For more news from Iowa, click here.