FARGO, N.D. — North Dakota State University Extension honored Tim Courneya, Northarvest Bean Growers Association, with the Friend of Extension Award during the recent joint NDSU Extension and Research Extension Center conference held virtually.
Extension presented its Friend of the North Dakota Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Award to Mandy Slag, North Dakota Department of Health.
Extension also honored the Safety First: Raising Awareness and Prioritizing Safety in Agriculture team for its work with a Program Excellence Award. The honor included a cash award sponsored by Farm and Ranch Guide.
The team’s work included developing the www.ag.ndsu.edu/farmsafety website, window stickers of the agricultural hand signals and how to clean agricultural equipment cabs, news releases, a grain bin safety display at Big Iron and educational videos.
Team members were: Katelyn Hain, Grand Forks County; Angie Johnson, Steele County; Rick Schmidt, Oliver County; Lindy Berg, Towner County; Anitha Chirumamilla, Cavalier County; Jill Lagein, Traill County; Brian Zimprich, Ransom County; Craig Askim, Mercer County; Greg Benz, Dunn County; Kyle Aasand, Cass County; Ken Hellevang, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering; and Becky Koch, Sonja Fuchs, Bob Bertsch and Ellen Crawford, all Agriculture Communication.
Several others also were honored during the conference. They were:
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Distinguished Service Award- Mohamed Khan, NDSU Extension sugarbeet specialist
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Early Career Service Award – Lindy Berg, Extension agent, Towner County
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Distinguished Team Award – Lead Local, with team members Acacia Stuckle, Extension agent, Emmons County; Andrea Bowman, Extension leadership and community development coordinator; and Jodi Bruns, Extension leadership and civic engagement specialist
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Meritorious Support Service Awards – Lisa Braton, Cass County; Diane Herding, Cass County; LeAnn Beck, Traill County; Heather Tomlinson, Mountrail County
- Association for Communication Excellence and Agriculture Communication Communicator of the Year – Stacy Wang, Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences Extension associate
— NDSU Agriculture Communication
For more news from North Dakota, click here.