FARGO, N.D. — North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on Dec. 9.
The 2021 award recipients are:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award – Guiping Yan, associate professor, Department of Plant Pathology
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award – Marisol Berti, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award – Anuradha Vegi, assistant professor of practice, Department of Plant Sciences
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award – Birgit Pruess, professor, Department of Microbiological Sciences
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award – Jack Norland, associate professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (NRM)
- Excellence in Extension Early Career Award – Julianne Racine, Extension agent, LaMoure County
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award – Dean Aakre, 4-H youth development specialist, NDSU Extension Center for 4-H Youth Development
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award – Collin Auwarter, research specialist, Department of Plant Sciences
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award – Jerry Little, administrative secretary, Department of Microbiological Sciences
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award – Diane Ness, customer service manager, Agriculture Communication
“These awards recognize exceptional performance by faculty and staff members in the NDSU College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; and NDSU Extension,” says Greg Lardy, NDSU vice president for agricultural affairs. “Their innovative work and ideas are incredibly appreciated and valued.”
To view photos of the recipients, click here.
— NDSU Extension