FARGO, N.D. — County 4-H teams from across North Dakota brought home honors from judging contests during the 91st annual Little International at North Dakota State University.
Little International, better known as Little I, is held every year in February. The two-day event includes judging contests the NDSU Collegiate FFA and NDSU Saddle and Sirloin clubs organize for 4-H and FFA youth. Little I also has a livestock show.
This year’s judging contests attracted many participants from North Dakota and Minnesota.
Here are the top 4-H teams and individuals in each division:
Senior Livestock Judging
- First, Stark-Billings County – team members: Marissa Tuhy, Sam Poland, Taylor Downing, Morgan Nelson and Kyle Kostelecky
- Second, Adams County – team members: Rebecca Knutson, Tucker Ellingson, Beth Lien, Mac Stuber, Mac Buckmier and Zack Rickertsen
- Third, Burleigh County – team¬¬ members: Kaitlyn Petersen, Jayden McDonald, Morgyn Miller and Shiloh Schmid
- High individual – Peterson
Ten teams competed in this division.
Junior Livestock Judging
- First, Golden Valley County – team members: Kyle Sarsland, Chance Manhart, Abby Hecker, Kaden Volk, Tenna Fleming, Kade Manhart, Ray Steiner, Kinzetta Steiner and Dillon Manhart
- Second, Adams County – team members: Tom Buckmier, Kaden Schauer, Tatum Fitch, Tate Nash and Mace Stuber
- Third, Ransom County – team members: Jamie Geyer, Lindsey Galbreath, Paige Zimprich, Gabe Lyons, Haley McLeod and Olivia Nitschke
- High individual – Rose Wendel, Dickey County
Nineteen teams competed in this event.
Senior Crops Judging
- First, Grand Forks County – team members: Thomas Schneibel, Rachel Juve and Emily McHugo
- High individual – Schneibel
One team and six individuals competed in this event.
Junior 4-H Crops Judging
- First, Walsh County – team members: Conner Hodek, Zack Zikmund, Justin Klose, Owen Zikmund, Andrew Myrdal and Hannah Myrdal
- Second, Mountrail County – team members: Andrew Haakenson, Dyson Odermann, Alyssa Haakenson, Colter Sanderson and Dylan Locken
- Third, Grand Forks County – team members: Jennifer Schneibel, Ryan Juve and Josh Juve
- High individual – Hodek
Five teams competed in this division.
- First, Morton County 1 – team members: Morgan Henke, Ashley Goldade and Brooke Heidrich
- Second, Kidder County – team members: Cheyenne Klein, Morgan Dutton and Kaden Strom
- Third, Clay County 2 – team members: Breanna Brown, Grace Lech and Kirstin Kuntz
- High individual – Dutton
Fourteen teams competed in this event.
- First, Ward County – team members: Anne Schauer, Natalie Helfrich and Piper Sorenson
- Second, Sargent County – team members: Christina Mathias, Kris Fuhrman and Karlie Shockley
- Third, Morton County – team members: Peyton Goldade, Ashton Boehm, Brynn Vega and Ruby Johnson
Twenty-six teams competed in this event.
— NDSU Agriculture Communication
For more news from North Dakota, click here.