EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University will host a webinar series on establishing and maintaining pollinator habitats in solar projects and will include a virtual field day.
The virtual field day will be hosted in partnership with Rob Davis of Fresh Energy.
“Using Google Earth and videos and pictures from multiple sites around the Upper Midwest, we hope to create an experience that will make you feel like you are physically there,” said MSU Extension Educator Charles Gould.
The virtual field day will cover the following topics:
- Comparing poor pollinator habitat with excellent pollinator habitat.
- Showing the progression of pollinator habitat establishment sites over time, meaning from site prep and planting through each year of growth to the current year.
- Setting realistic expectations for pollinator habitat establishment.
Speakers for each event are as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 1 – Esther Durnwald– Pollinator habitat establishment
- Tuesday, Sept. 8 – Rob Davis and Charles Gould – Virtual solar pollinator habitat field day
- Tuesday, Sept. 15 – Ryan Koziatek and Holly Hooper– Pollinator habitat maintenance
Each event starts at noon EST and ends at 1 p.m. Registration is required.
For information about other MSU virtual field days, please visit the Virtual Field Days website.
— Justin Whitmore, Michigan State University
For more news from Michigan, click here.