MILAN, Mich. — A 2022 Crop and Pest Management Update meeting by Michigan State University Extension will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at the Immaculate Conception Church Family Center, 21 Ann Street, Milan, Mich. This educational meeting is designed for corn, soybean and field crop farmers throughout southeast Michigan.
Speakers will include:
- Christy Sprague – Soybean Weed Control update, including marestail and waterhemp.
- Marty Chilvers – Managing Tar Spot in corn.
- Kurt Steinke – Nitrogen and Fertilizer Prices/ Crop Needs.
- Dean Baas – Managing Cover Crops for weed control and soil health.
- Manni Singh – Cropping decisions for 2022.
- Erin Burns – Corn Weed Control update.
- Lyndon Kelley – Water and Irrigation use in field crops.
Pesticide re-certification and Certified Crop Advisor credits have been requested for this meeting. All persons registered will receive an MSU 2022 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops. The cost is $35, which includes lunch and handout materials, with registrations due by Feb. 1, 2022.
The meeting will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration and coffee, juice, fruit and rolls at 8:30 a.m. Back in the Day catering will serve a beef barbeque lunch at noon.
For more information, contact the St. Joseph County MSU Extension office at 269-467-5511, or contact Eric Anderson at 269-359-0565 or Ned Birkey at 734-260-3442. The website for all registrations is: https://events.anr.msu.edu/2022CropandPestMangementUpdates/.
— Ned Birkey, MSU Extension Educator Emeritus; Spartan Ag