JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Join us in a salute to our heroes Opening Weekend, Aug. 14 and Aug. 15, at the 2021 Missouri State Fair!
Salute to Our Heroes Opening Weekend Law Enforcement/Firefighter Appreciation Day will take place on Saturday, Aug. 14, showing our appreciation to law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics with FREE admission to the Fair and $1 admission for their immediate family members.
Saturday, Aug. 14, will offer a great list of events including:
- Farm Toy Show from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall
- Bicentennial Family Heirloom Recipe contest, sponsored by Greater Midwest Foodways, at 2:30 p.m. in the Home Economics Building.
- Livestock shows including mules, beef cattle, sheep, barrow and rooster crowing preliminaries
- MU Mule Team on display in the mule barn
- Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, sponsored by Capital Materials, Retrieving Freedom Inc., and Starline Brass, at 6 p.m. at flag pole near the Centennial admission booth.
- Full line up of free entertainment including Puppies of Penzance at the Kids Stage, sponsored by Your Local McDonald’s, Blacksmith Demonstrations, Hedrick’s Racing Pigs Show, sponsored by Jim’s Tire Service, Sea Lion Splash, sponsored by AOK RVs, Mule Kicker Cloggers, and more!
- MRCA Show-Me State Stampede and Rodeo, presented by Area RAM Dealers, at 7 p.m. in the State Fair Arena. Tickets are on sale now.
- Boyz II Men with Kazual at 7:30 p.m. at the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance. Tickets are on sale now.
Visit the Aug. 14 Daily Highlights page on the Fair’s website for a complete schedule.
Sunday, Aug. 15, is Military Appreciation Day, sponsored by Otelco, a tribute to all military service men and women! The Fair is proud to honor these individuals with free gate admission for active military, veterans and delayed entry recruits with appropriate I.D. $1 admission for immediate family members (spouse and dependent children).
Great events are planned for this day, including a Military Resource Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., east of the Mathewson Exhibition Center, and the Military Appreciation Ceremony at 2 p.m. in the Mathewson Exhibition Center.
Other highlights for Sunday, Aug. 15, include:
- Ham and Bacon demonstrations from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Agriculture Building
- Livestock shows including beef cattle, mules and donkeys, sheep, swine and rooster crowing preliminaries
- Full day of demonstrations on the Consumer Showcase Stage in the Home Economics Building
- Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, sponsored by Capital Materials, Retrieving Freedom Inc., and Starline, at 6 p.m. at the flag pole by the Centennial admission booth.
- Full line up of free entertainment including The Chipper Experience! Where Comedy and Magic Collide, at the Touchstone Energy Stage, Supermatics at the Budweiser Stage, Professor Farquar and Polecat Annie, Scott’s World of Magic Show, Homegrown Singer preliminary rounds, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, and more!
- Missouri State Fair Shoot Out Truck and Tractor Pull at noon and 6 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance. Tickets are on sale now.
- Motocross, Final Championship Round MO State Fair Cross Series at 7 p.m. in the State Fair Arena. Tickets are on sale now.
Visit the Aug. 15 Daily Highlights page on the Fair’s website for a complete schedule.
— Missouri State Fair
For more news from Missouri, click here.