MINNEAPOLIS — During the Minnesota FFA Convention April 19-23, the Minnesota FFA Foundation will host virtual events Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In addition, the Foundation will run a fundraising campaign, “Someone Invested in You. Will You Invest in Someone?” for supporters to follow along on the Foundation’s social channels Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The FFA Foundation’s supporters and sponsors make parts of this year’s convention possible, including:
- The Convention app and the Convention App online;
- A nine-student ambassador team to promote agricultural education;
- A Media Award to recognize efforts on behalf of the Foundation Board of Trustees;
- Recognition of FFA’s graduating seniors;
- A Virtual Career Connector panel series;
- Contributing Sponsor of the Minnesota FFA Convention In a Box;
- Awards for top-placing Proficiency winners for Supervised Agricultural Experiences; and
- Awards for top-placing Career Development and Leadership Development Events.
“Supporting student growth and success is at the heart of what we do, and this year is no exception,” said Val Aarsvold, Minnesota FFA Foundation executive director. “The Minnesota FFA Foundation recognizes the importance of investing in youth preparing for careers in agriculture and leadership for their local communities. As FFA members come together to celebrate at this year’s convention, we are reminded that FFA members are ‘Worth It.’”
Foundation Virtual Events
Join the Foundation’s virtual events during convention. The events can be accessed through the Convention app.
- Tuesday, April 20 at 6 p.m. – “Planting Seeds – Growing Leaders,” featuring students, board members and an estate planning expert.
- Wednesday, April 21 at 6 p.m. – Minnesota FFA Foundation Honors Reception recognizing donors and the media award recipient, and enjoy the Minnesota FFA Hall of Fame induction by the Minnesota FFA Alumni and Supporters.
- Thursday, April 22 at Noon – Making a Difference in Agriculture – One Student at a Time, a joint event with Minnesota AgriGrowth. Hear from students, teachers and business representatives on the impact Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) / FFA programs have on preparing youth for future careers to meet the growing need for agricultural talent.
Fifty-year Foundation donor, Foresight Bank of Plainview, will join 18 other individuals, organizations and companies receiving recognition for FFA Foundation giving for 10, 20 and 30 years. The Convention App provides a full list of sponsors.
The Convention App can be accessed on computers at https://crowd.cc/mnffa2021 or on mobile devices by downloading the Crowd Compass Attendee Hub App and searching Minnesota FFA. The app includes up-to-date convention information including schedules, workshops, sponsors, presentations and links to sessions.
Selected as Foundation Ambassadors for the coming year are:
Olivia Amsbaugh – Zumbrota Mazeppa;
Natalie Beckendorf – Renville County West;
Cooper Brasel – Perham;
Dante Deppa – Paynesville;
Levi Mickelson – Hawley;
Makayla Moline – South Central Ag Science Academy;
Ellie Popham – The Academy for Sciences and Agriculture;
Clara Thompson – Plainview Elgin Millville; and
Bridget Weese – Buffalo.
The Ambassador program provides leadership experience to Minnesota FFA members through interaction with FFA members, supporters, donors and potential sponsors. In turn, it connects industry representatives and donors with the opportunity to learn more about FFA and its mission.
Michelle Rook, an anchor and reporter with WNAX-Yankton and AgWeek, will receive the Foundation Media Award. The award, established in 2004, recognizes the important contributions of media partners in sharing the story of FFA’s positive impact on agricultural education students.
The Foundation will honor high school senior FFA members with a token to commemorate their FFA experience. All Seniors graduating from high school this year and enrolled in FFA will receive a Minnesota FFA Luggage Tag sponsored by the Minnesota FFA Foundation and the Minnesota FFA Alumni. We are so proud of our graduating Seniors, and wish all the best as they pursue their future endeavors.
Career Connectors Panel Series
The FFA State Convention traditionally includes a chance for students to explore opportunities with Career Connections exhibitors. Similarly, participants in this year’s virtual event will be able to explore the Career Connectors Panel series on the Convention app. Included in this series are eight Career Connectors panel discussions featuring the seven Agricultural, Food and Natural Resource Science career pathways, and a panel featuring Agricultural Education.
FFA Convention In A Box
The Minnesota FFA Foundation Convention in a Box sponsored by the Minnesota FFA Foundation and Minnesota FFA Alumni is a cooperative effort and a new addition to this year’s convention. Each FFA chapter across Minnesota has received their very own Convention in a Box. Included in the box are supplies for the Convention, gifts from Foundation Star Partners and Agricultural Education University partners, and items from the Minnesota FFA Alumni, Minnesota FFA Association and the Minnesota FFA Foundation. All items included in the Convention in a Box are intended to support our FFA members and enhance their Convention experience.
Mark your calendar for this year’s opportunities to support the Minnesota FFA Foundation’s efforts: June 27 – FFA Day with the Twins, July 22 – Minnesota FFA Foundation Golf Tournament at Island Pines Golf Course in Atwater, and September 4 – Great Minnesota Give To-gether Telethon from the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
— Minnesota FFA Foundation
For more news from Minnesota, click here.