DUBUQUE, Iowa — Treat your sweetheart to a fabulous steak meal you cooked yourself at Meet the Meat: Steak Edition on Monday, February 17, 6:00 – 8:30 pm at University of Dubuque, Peters Commons. This event will explore the world of steaks and allow participants to cook their own local steak meal with the help of a professional chef.
We will be talking about:
• where cuts of meat, especially steak, come from
• things that affect meat quality
• how to shop for meat at the store
• meeting with local producers and enjoying meat produced in Dubuque County
• cooking a steak dinner with a professional chef
This class is great for foodies and those who want to cook more at home! Cost is $20/ person. Spots are limited. Register to attend by calling 563-583-6496 by February 11.
— Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
For more news from Iowa, click here.