ARLINGTON, Va. — The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) has released its 2023 schedule of conferences and online courses. Registration for several of these events is already open at afia.org/events.
“I am excited to bring a fresh perspective to AFIA’s events and enhance the member experience,” said Rebecca Kane, CMP, AFIA’s director of meetings and events. “We look forward to a new year of providing opportunities for animal food industry professionals to meet, network and do business.”
The AFIA 2023 meeting schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 24-26: International Feed Expo at IPPE – Atlanta, Ga.
- Jan. 24: Pet Food Conference at IPPE – Atlanta, Ga.
- Jan. 25: Biosecurity: Preparedness Must Be Perpetual at IPPE – Atlanta, Ga.
- Jan. 25: Facility Inspection Package Training by USDA-APHIS at IPPE – Atlanta, Ga.
- Jan. 25: Feed Education Program at IPPE – Atlanta, Ga.
- March 7-9: Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Conference – Orlando, Fla.
- July 25-27: FSMA PCQI Training – Nashville, Tenn.
- Sept. 12-14: Liquid Feed Symposium – Louisville, Ky.
- Nov. 8-10: Equipment Manufacturers Conference – Tucson, Ariz.
Early-bird registration for the International Production & Processing Expo events and AFIA’s Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Conference ends this Friday, Jan. 6.
The AFIA will also continue its partnership with Kansas State University to offer a five-week online course, “AFIA-KSU 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing.” The course will be offered between:
- Feb. 21 – March 28;
- April 11 – May 16;
- June 6 – July 11;
- Aug. 1 – Sept. 5; and
- Oct. 3 – Nov. 7.
For more information or to register, visit afia.org/events.
Founded in 1909, the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA), based in Arlington, Va., is the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to representing the business, legislative and regulatory interests of the U.S. animal food industry and its suppliers. The organization’s membership is comprised of over 650 domestic and international companies that represent the total feed industry—manufacturers of commercial and integrated feed and pet food, ingredient suppliers, pharmaceutical companies, industry support and equipment manufacturers. AFIA’s members manufacture more than 75% of the feed and 70% of the non-whole grain ingredients used in the country. AFIA is also recognized as the leader on international industry developments, and holds membership in the International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF).
–American Feed Industry Association