RALEIGH, N.C. — The Made in NC Awards, an annual contest hosted by Our State magazine, celebrates the best of handmade, locally sourced, artisanal products in North Carolina, is accepting submissions through Aug. 16.
Any North Carolina maker with a product made in North Carolina that falls under one of the categories may enter: Craft, Drink, Food, Home & Garden, or Style. Submitted items must have the ability to be reproduced for sale or be part of a similar line of items available for sale.
Winners will be announced on Oct. 6.
- The overall winner will receive $500 and a one-third page ad in the December 2021 issue of Our State magazine.
- Category winners will each receive a one-sixth page ad.
- The overall and category winners will receive email and social media promotion, an article and video on ourstate.com and inclusion in the Made in NC Awards features section in the Feb. 2022 issue of Our State magazine.
- All contest entrants will be considered for merchandising opportunities in the Our State Store.
- There is no charge to enter your product. Rules and other information are here.
Click here for Made in N.C. Awards category details
–Annie Baggett, NCDA&CS