AUGUSTA — The Zoning and Parcel viewer is a web-based tool that allows the public to look up the zoning and parcels for properties in the Commission’s service area. It can help property owners plan their activities by learning what zoning applies to their parcels, and it helps the public learn about the zoning and protected resources for properties that they have an interest in. The parcel viewer tool saves time and money in preparing permit applications and makes it easier for the public to comment on proposed land uses. It will also help realtors, appraisers, the public and county commissioners to find information for their work more efficiently.
Improved features in this tool vs. the old one:
- Aerial imagery is now available
- Topographic information is now available
- Can download the official and small scale zoning map from the sortable table
- Easier to maneuver around the map
- There is now a measuring tool for length and area
- It contains characteristics of the zone area
- There is more information about the parcels, especially acreage
- Can download a ESRI shape file and metadata and a .kmz file for Google Earth
What didn’t change:
- You can still make a map, see which zones are in a parcel
- The ME Revenue Services parcel data and the Commission’s zone data are still available to view and query.
–Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
For more articles out of New England, click here.