FORT WORTH, Texas — Lone Star Ag Credit was involved in multiple aspects of the 2017 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo (FWSSR). Annually, the FWSSR welcomes more than 1.2 million visitors. Approximately 25,000 head of top-quality livestock are exhibited.
Highlights of Lone Star Ag Credit’s participation and sponsorships:
- Title Sponsor of the Mustang Magic Competition – This invitation-only event featured competition between past top-placing Extreme Mustang Makeover trainers. All competing mustangs were available for adoption following the finals.
- Sponsor of the Commercial Female Cattle Sale and Contest – The Fort Worth Stock Show has historical ties to the commercial cattle industry. The Commercial Female Cattle Sale was held Feb. 4, and features the best replacement females from quality participating ranches.
- Junior Sale of Champions – Along with many other contributors, Lone Star helped the Fort Worth Stock Show Syndicate buy 4-H and FFA members’ animals in the Junior Sale of Champions Feb. 4.
- Calf Scramble Scholarship Program Sponsor – Students in the calf scramble at each rodeo performance competed to catch a calf and pull it into the center square. The winners received a $500 certificate to purchase a beef or dairy heifer to raise and show at next year’s Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. This program also gives the kids a chance at college scholarships.
- Sponsor of Hereford Champion of the World – An annual event awarded by the World Hereford Association. Five international judges awarded World Champion Bull honors to a bull from the United States and World Champion Female honors to a heifer from Canada.
- Lone Star was also featured in the Chuck Wagon Races during rodeo performances. A photo from the chuck wagon races is available at bit.ly/2lc77I0.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Lone Star Ag Credit offers financing expertise and options for rural real estate, rural homes, agribusinesses, operating lines of credit, equipment and livestock.
Lone Star Ag Credit serves 48 counties in North and Central Texas from offices in Abilene, Cleburne, Corsicana, Denton, Fort Worth, Hillsboro, Lampasas, New Boston, Paris, Round Rock, Sherman, Stephenville, Sweetwater, Temple, Waco and Weatherford. For more information, please visit www.LoneStarAgCredit.com.
—Lone Star Ag Credit
For more articles out of Texas, click here.