PHILADELPHIA — For 100 years, the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) of the USDA has provided free, unbiased price and sales information to assist in the marketing and distribution of farm commodities. Each year, Market News issues thousands of reports, providing the industry with key wholesale, retail, and shipping data. The reports give farmers, producers, and other agricultural businesses the information they need to evaluate market conditions, identify trends, make purchasing decisions, monitor price patterns, evaluate transportation equipment needs and accurately assess movement.
Our speaker is Joe Harrison who has specialized in gathering information of specialty crops and reported on it in Market News. Mr. Harrison will share the processes for how Market News is produced as well as reflecting on its use in crop and business planning.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 with meet and greet at 11:30 am.; luncheon at noon; and program at 1:00 pm at the Union League, 140 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102.
- Registration fee is $35 and pre-registration is required. Vegetarian meals are available in scheduled at registration. Register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the people attending, their affiliations, and emails.
- Make check out to Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture and mail to PSPA Treasurer, 1380 Wisteria Dr., Malvern, PA 19355
- Click here and follow the link to purchase your ticket for luncheon meetings with PayPal or Credit Card.
- Dress Code at Union League is Business Casual – collared shirts, long pants (not jeans) for men; for women, long pants (not jeans), skirts, dresses and business casual tops
Contact Scott Sheely at email@example.com with any questions. Registrations ends by COB on Wednesday, November 30,2022.
–Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture