CHESTERFIELD, Mo. — The largest trade show ever will be in place at the fifth annual Heart of America Dairy Expo, presented by Hiland Dairy Foods, on January 19-21, 2017 at the Ramada Oasis Hotel and Convention Center in Springfield, Missouri.
“We will have our largest dairy trade show,” says Expo Chairman and dairy farmer Ted Sheppard, Cabool, MO. With 66 exhibitors, including animal health, feed suppliers and dairy equipment, we remain the largest dairy specific trade show in the southern Midwest.
“Thanks to our many sponsors, registration is free for dairy farmers and their families with a nominal registration fee for allied industry representatives. All dairy farmers and allied industry are invited to attend,” says Sheppard.
“The Grand Opening of the trade show is Thursday January 19 at 6 p.m. with a buffet dinner and early bird seminar featuring Gary Sipiorski, well know dairy development manager from Wisconsin, presenting “How did the business of milking get to 2017—who are we competing with?” sponsored by Milk Specialities Global.
The trade show reopens at 8 a.m. on Friday with registration followed by the morning program at 9:30 a.m. featuring:
- “Moving Ahead with Dairy Nutrition Technologies” with Randy Asher, Animal Science Consulting, sponsored by Alltech.
- “Weekly Market Outlook” with Dr. Scott Brown, University of Missouri, with Meghan Grebner Conant of Brownfield Ag News.
- “Women in Dairy Meeting: “Telling Your Farm’s Story on Social Media—Tips and Tools for Success” presented by the Midwest Dairy Association.
- “Feeding Strategies with 2017 Milk and Feed Prices”—Dr. Mike Hutjens, University of Illinois, sponsored by Multimin USA.
At noon on Friday, attendees will enjoy a Pork Chop Luncheon sponsored by Hiland Dairy Foods Company and the Missouri Pork Association.
Gary Sipiorski will give the keynote address on the “Dairy Outlook for the Next 5 Years—how to position the farm financially” sponsored by Central Life Sciences.
Friday’s afternoon program includes:
- “Managing during Tough Financial Times” with a panel of dairy farmers sponsored by BMO Harris Bank.
- “Activating Research to Drive Sales and Grow Consumer Confidence”—Cindy Sorenson, Vice President Business Development, Midwest Dairy Association. sponsored by Midwest Dairy Association.
- The 32nd annual meeting of the Missouri Dairy Association.
- The Missouri Holstein Association’s Internet cattle sale in the trade show area on Friday evening at 7:00 p.m.concludes the day Friday.
On Saturday, the trade show reopens at 8 a.m. followed by various dairy breed organizational meetings. The trade show then closes atnoon followed by a lunch sponsored by the Association of Missouri Electric Cooperatives.
“We encourage visitors to enjoy all Missouri has to offer with Branson only 45 miles away from Springfield,” concludes Sheppard.
Meal reservations are requested and may be made by viewing www.heartofamericadairy.org for more details and the complete Expo schedule.
— Heart of America Dairy Expo
For more news from Missouri, click here.