ST. PAUL, Minn. — Organizers of the 21st International Symposium and 13th International Conference on Lameness in Ruminants extended the discounted early registration rate to May 31. The conference, scheduled for Aug. 1-5, in Bloomington, Minn., welcomes researchers, veterinarians, animal producers, hoof trimmers, students and industry representatives from around the world. Go to: https://bit.ly/2022LIR to register.
Revolving around the theme, “Embracing Excellence in Mobility and Wellbeing,” the event offers four tracks – research, trimmer, small ruminant and beef. All tracks are open to all registered attendees. Those in attendance will learn about the most current research and practices that help enhance large and small ruminant hoof health.
Featured presentations and presenters on Aug. 3 and 4, include:
- Using Data to Embrace Excellence in Mobility, Miel Holsten, Utrecht University
- Digital Dermatitis + Technology in Feedlot, Dorte Dopfer, University of Wisconsin
- What Do We Know About Toe Tip Necrosis and Foot Rot in Feedlot Cattle? Murray Jelinski, Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- Principles of Wound Healing/Tissue Damage, Randall Wolcott, Southwest Regional Wound Care Center
- Practical Treatment Perspectives for Beef Bulls, Luciano Marega, Marega Hoof Care
- Practical Treatment Perspectives for Beef Cows, Luciano Marega, Marega Hoof Care
- Communication Strategies that Embrace Excellence in Mobility, Nick Bell, University of Nottingham
- What’s New on Footbaths, Laura Solano, Lactanet
- Small Ruminant Lameness, Paul Plummer, Iowa State University, and J. Wilson-Welder, U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service, National Animal Disease Center
- Corkscrew Claws, Roger Olson, Zinpro Corporation, and Lee Erickson, Sure Step Consulting International, LLC
- The Use of NSAIDs in Treatment, James Patrick Wilson, Herd Health Consultancy
- Forces Inside Hoof with Different Trimming Techniques, Evgenij Telizhenko, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Additional presentations will be given during the pre- and post-conference sessions. For more information about the 2022 Lameness in Ruminants Conference, visit https://lamenessinruminants2022.com.
To make your hotel reservation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington-Minneapolis South, go to: https://bit.ly/LIRHotel. Book by July 10, to take advantage of the discounted room block rate.
–Lameness in Ruminants Conference