WYOMING CO., N.Y. — Major changes are coming for farm employment laws in New York. You need to learn about the new laws and how to adjust your employee management for the future. The Ag Workforce Development Council is organizing Labor Roadshow III to help farms learn about the changes and adapt their businesses for success. Cost is $55 per person, payable at the door. Find a flyer with details here: https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/blogs.cornell.edu/dist/7/8192/files/2019/09/Labor-Roadshow-III-Flyer.pdf. Time is running out and some locations are filling up. Reserve your spot today!
Dates and Locations
- November 18. Genesee Community College-Batavia Campus, One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020-9704. Room T119 Lecture Hall, Conable Technology Building.
- November 19. The Lodge at Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, 2887 Royce Rd, Varysburg, NY 14167.
Other dates and locations:
- November 20. Ramada by Wyndham, 21000 NY State Route 3, Watertown, NY 13601
- November 21. Hilton Garden Inn Clifton Park, 30 Clifton Country Road, Clifton Park, NY, 12065
- November 22. Cayuga‐Onondaga BOCES, 1879 West Genesee Street Road, Auburn, NY 13021. Conference Room 1, 2, 3.
- Compliance with Wage and Hour Laws: Overtime and Day-of-Rest Requirements
- Understanding Unions and Labor Organizing
- Managing the Collective Bargaining Process
- The Increasing Importance of Farm Supervisors
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Updates to the NY Law
- Compliance Priorities and Enforcement Plans for 2020, NYS Department of Labor
- Industry Quality Assurance Program Updates
- Insurance Update: Disability, Paid Family Leave, and Employment Practices Liability, What is Available?
For questions, contact Joan S. Petzen at 585-786-2251 x122 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need assistance with online registration, contact Lisa at 585-786-2251 x123 or email@example.com .
–Cornell University Cooperative Extension Wyoming County