STOCKTON, Mo. — “It is important to provide the latest information on beef cattle production, marketing, economics, nutrition and forage utilization,” says Patrick Davis MU Extension Regional Livestock Field Specialist. Extension services in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas are providing a joint conference titled the KOMA Beef Cattle Conference. This year’s Missouri portion of the conference will be held on March 31, 2022, beginning at 4:00 p. m. at the MU Southwest Research Extension and Education Center in Mount Vernon, Mo.
“Speakers will be from the University of Missouri and Oklahoma State University,” says Davis. This year’s conference presenters and presentations are as follows:
- Dr. Derrell Peel, Charles Breedlove Professorship of Agribusiness in the OSU Department of Agricultural Economics
- Economics and market outlook of post weaning development of calves to slaughter
- Dr. Eric Bailey, Assistant Professor and State Beef Cattle Extension Specialist, MU Extension
- Stocker cattle feeding and management
- Dr. Derek Brake, Assistant Professor and Ruminant Nutritionist, MU Animal Science Research Center
- Finishing cattle, feeding and management
The evening will include a catered meal with your registration.
“Agriculture businesses that support the event will have booths set up. Attendees can visit and learn how their products can help improve their beef cattle operation,” says Davis.
In order to attend the event, register and pay the fee prior to March 25th. Fee for the event is $30 per person. No refunds for cancellations after the registration deadline. No walk-in registration allowed. Register online at https://extension.missouri.edu/events/2022-koma-beef-cattle-conference. Or you may mail your registration and payment to the Cedar County MU Extension Center at 113 South Street, Stockton, Mo. 65785, by the deadline.
For all other conference questions, contact the Cedar County MU Extension Center at (417) 276-3313 or by email at email@example.com.
— MU Extension