ATHENS, Pa. — Health insurance is complicated, lots of factors go into choosing the right plan. Agri-Services Agency can help explain all your options and build a plan that will meet your group health insurance needs and your budget. When you talk to us, some of the topics we’ll consider are:
- Plan Type – So many letters! – HMO, PPO, HSA, FSA and many others. Each of these plans will cover you and your employees a little differently. Different plans have different network availability, deductibles, savings components and more. We can help you select the right one for you or design a program that allows your employees to have some choices.
- Deductibles – A deductible is the amount you pay for healthcare services before your health insurance begins to pay. Most plans offer a variety of deductible options from as little as $0 to several thousand dollars. The size of the deductible you choose directly affects the cost of the plan. Together we’ll consider what you and your employees may be comfortable with.
- Maximum – out of pocket maximums are the most an individual will pay during the year for covered medical services. These too can vary greatly and directly affect the cost of the plan.
- Prescriptions – prescriptions are an important part of a healthcare program and can drastically affect how much someone will pay each year. There are many factors, but a couple we’ll need to consider are, what drugs are covered and which pharmacies participate in the plan.
- Provider Networks – networks can vary, some have a very broad range of providers available, while others use a very limited set of doctors. Some plans don’t cover out-of-network providers or they may provide coverage at a much lower rate. We’ll need to make sure that local providers, hospitals and pharmacies are part of your network.
- Additional coverage – in addition to your group health plan, you can also offer additional coverage like vision, dental, life insurance, accident polices and more. These “voluntary” programs can be employer or employee paid or a mix of both.
These are just a few parts of a health plan you should be thinking about. The Agri-Services Agency team is available to explain each of these topics and talk about how each can be adjusted to fit your operation and your budget. Your business has enough challenges, insurance shouldn’t be one of them! Give us a call today at 1-877-466-9089 or visit our website at agri-servicesagency.com for more information on what we can offer. You can also click here to fill out a form and request additional information. We look forward to hearing from you!