LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Without our livestock exhibitors, the Kentucky State Fair would not represent all the talents and treasures of the Commonwealth. We value your feedback on the changes we made this year and we recognize there’s always room for improvement. Kentucky State Fair management has updated the process and is using this notice to provide clarification. In addition, we have extended the livestock entry deadline to allow for consideration of these new details to reach all our potential exhibitors and give you time to make necessary adjustments.
Entry Deadline Extended to July 14
The deadline for Open and 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock departments is extended to the 14th of July with no additional fees. No entries after July 14 will be accepted in 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock. There is a late deadline for the Open Livestock departments on July 25 with entry fees doubled. Extra late deadline is August 3 and applies only to Open Livestock and depending on the species it is $50 for small or $100 for large for each head of livestock.
Livestock Exhibitor Badges, Tickets and Pick Up for 2021
These badges serve as essential and required verification for exhibitors to tend their livestock during times the barn area is closed to the general public. These livestock badges are an enhancement to our security and safety measures at the Fair and allow us to provide additional safety and security to exhibitors, their property and livestock throughout the event.
- A Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access + Admission Badge, sold for $25, has 14 admission/parking scans that can now be used for multiple people at the gate, allowing exhibitors to scan in their family or others. This badge will allow the wearer to enter the barn areas during times closed to the public. Pricing does not change and can still be purchased through the entry process.
- Livestock Exhibitors may also purchase books of Fair tickets that include 11 admission/parking tickets for $44, which breaks down to $4 per ticket. This pricing is consistent with all exhibitor tickets sales offered this year. Tickets will be provided to exhibitors in their packet at animal health check-in the first day they arrive.
- At no cost, two Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access Badges that don’t include admission/parking will be provided to exhibitors which will enable them to enter the barn areas during times closed to the public. If you require more than two livestock exhibitor barn access badges, please email email@example.com with the name of the exhibitor and badges requested.
- All badges and tickets for Livestock Exhibitors will be provided in your exhibitor packet at animal health check-in the first day you visit the Fair.
- To visit animal health: Drive to Gate 4 at the Kentucky Exposition Center off of Crittenden Drive and take the express lane directly into Lot H.
Q: What if I need to modify my entry?
A: Please provide requested modification and necessary identifying information to the Entry Department via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-367-5190.
Q: Do I have to wear a livestock exhibitor badge?
A: Yes. At the time of check-in onsite exhibitors, at no charge, will receive 2 Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access Badges that do not include admission/parking but permit you into barn areas during hours closed to the public. You have the option to purchase a Livestock Exhibitor Barn Access + Admission Badge that have 14 admission/parking scans that can be used for yourself and others to enter the property. Both permit you into the barn areas during hours closed to the public.
Q: Can I purchase a book of exhibitor tickets?
A: Yes and they can be ordered through your online entry for $44 per book of 11 tickets. If you have already registered and want to modify your order, please contact the Entry Department via email@example.com or call 502-367-5190. Tickets will be provided to you in the exhibitor packet at animal health check-in at Gate 4 the first day you arrive.
Q: Why are badges being used instead of exhibitor pins?
A: We continue to evaluate security and safety enhancements to improve the Fair experience for all of our guests. The protection of your livestock and your property is of utmost importance. Based on growing concerns, we believe these protections are necessary. The badges act as your credentials to enter the barn areas and are highly regulated, providing greater certainty that those in the facility are only those permitted by Kentucky State Fair management. Exhibitor badges are something exhibitors at our hosted and produced events are familiar with and we believe it offers a method for us to provide affordable and secure access to the Fair.
Q: Can I get more than 2 Exhibitor Barn Access Badges?
A: If you require more than two livestock exhibitor barn access badges, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the exhibitor and badges requested for consideration.
— Kentucky State Fair
For more news from Kentucky, click here.