GARDEN CITY, Kan. — Kansas State University’s Southwest Research-Extension Center will host its Field Day 2018 on Thursday, Aug. 23 at 4500 E. Mary St. in Garden City. The day features field tours, indoor seminars and seed, implement and farm supply company displays.
Registration and vendor exhibits open at 8 a.m. with the program, showcasing K-State research updates at 9:15 a.m. A complimentary lunch will be provided.
Field tours include:
– Weed control in irrigated corn
– Weed control in irrigated grain sorghum
– Update on mobile drip irrigation
– Diversified annual forage crop rotations
– Perspectives on Forbs in Kansas grasslands: Who they are, what they do, and why they’re important
– Insect research update
– Pesticide safety update
– 2.5 hours available plus core hour for commercial pesticide license
— Mary Lou Peter, K-State Research and Extension
For more news from Kansas, click here.