VOORHEESVILLE, N.Y. — March, 2022, Beginning Shepherd Series.
Attend individual sessions for $20 each (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Schenectady or Washington Counties), $25 for all other residents.
Attend all five sessions for $80 (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Schenectady or Washington Counties), $100 for all other residents.
For more information, contact Ashley Pierce at (518) 649-0267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for our Beginning Shepherd Series! We’ll cover everything from the infrastructure you’ll need on the farm, what type of sheep to raise, fiber quality and production, meat production and carcass quality, marketing your products, pasture management, and more! Attending this series provides a great opportunity to network with other beginning sheep farmers in our area.
- November 3, 2021, 7-9 PM – Why Should I Raise Livestock, What Do I Need to Raise Them? (Online via Zoom)
- November 20, 2021,10AM – 12 Noon – Tour of Battenkill Fiber and discussion (limit 12 people)
- January 24, 2022, 7-9 PM – Understand the Best Ways to Market Your Meat Products (Voorheesville and Hudson)
- February 15, 2022, 7-9 P.M – Farm Record Keeping and Benchmarking (Voorheesville and Hudson)
- March, 2022, Grazing and Pasture Management (location and time TBA)
–Capital Area Agriculture & Horticulture Program
Cornell Cooperative Extension Albany County