This position could be located in any of our branch offices. The Commercial Credit Analyst defines credit worthiness of complex credit applications by evaluating financial information, developing financial analyses and interpreting and applying Association credit standards. Monitors portfolio and notifies loan officers of deteriorating conditions of specific accounts. Interacts with purchased and sold participation originators which includes attendance at select bank meetings and customer meetings. Presents analysis to approving officers and/or loan committee which includes recommendations related to asset quality classification and hold position of the Association.
Balance Sheets and Earnings Statements
- Enters balance sheet/earnings statement data into credit analysis software by:
- Categorizing all assets/liabilities and income/expenses into the proper category,
- Reconciling earning statement by identifying and correcting discrepancies and/or asking the loan officer for more information
- Adjusting debt service to accurately reflect what was required during the year
- Financial Analysis and Projections
- Generates and reviews credit analysis reports
- Identifies intercompany transactions and removes from consolidated financial statements
- Creates financial projections based on anticipated changes and management guidelines
- Risk Rating
- Completes the National Risk Rating spreadsheet using report outputs from the credit analysis software
- Discusses the Probability of Default rating generated by the National Risk Rating spreadsheet with the loan officer to recommend a Probability of Default rating
- Identifies collateral and calculates loss given default
- Loan Approval Package
- May contact customers to gather additional information as needed. Writes the loan narrative, including loan purpose and account terms, financials, Probability of Default, interest rate, collateral and covenants
- Monitoring of Loan and Portfolio Returns
- Completion of ROR analysis for each transaction following a complete review of loan pricing.
- Contributions to analysis of the commercial loan portfolio returns at the Association level.
- Customer Interactions
- Attendance of select bank meetings and customer meetings. Representing the Association at select industry events and functions.
- Data Security and Confidentiality
- Protects the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
Education- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics or a related field.
Prior Experience- 2 years of experience in credit analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this job please visit yankeefarmcredit.balancetrak.com.