– Serves as a technical soil specialist for highly erodible land, wetland conservation, and conservation compliance; and provides technical expertise in program appeals.
– Makes wetland determinations following procedures outlined in the Wetland Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) or as outlined by the state’s local operating procedures; and recommends changes to hydric soil lists to the State Soil Scientist (SSS).
– Provides technical expertise in the application of Farm Bill programs, to include providing leadership and guidance to field offices, and assisting during the program signup and application periods for CRP, GRP, EQIP, EWP, WRP and other programs.
– Conducts on-site soil investigations and provides onsite technical assistance to agency personnel and the public on the interpretation/application of soil survey information related to specific soil, water, air, plant, and animal resource concerns.
– Participates in functional reviews and program appraisals; and recommends necessary changes to policies, guidelines, organizational structure, or field office procedures.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.