Website Farm Credit East
Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to over 15,000 farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $6 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
As an Internal Auditor & Reviewer within the Risk Management area, you will promote and support Farm Credit East’s enterprise risk management approach. You will be directly involved with planning, developing and implementing the risk assurance functions within Farm Credit East. As such, you will be expected to contribute to this process being an effective and progressive resource for the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team.
You will be responsible for conducting thorough and accurate internal audits, credit reviews, and special projects as assigned. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to present audit, review, and special project conclusions and findings. You will also promote the partnership-type relationship between the risk management staff and Farm Credit East staff members.
Within this role, you will specifically focus on:
- Gaining a sound understanding of operational matters, credit underwriting practices, and internal controls within Farm Credit East.
- Conducting audits and reviews to assure compliance with established controls (i.e., policies and procedures) in all facets of our business model.
- Evaluating financial statements for completeness, accuracy, and GAAP/FASB compliance.
- Reviewing allowance methodology as well as other computer models and automated processes to assure they are working as designed.
- Reviewing credit packages to ensure risk reporting is accurate, credit decisions are sound, and loan documents are prepared properly.
- Testing the effectiveness of business continuity, disaster recovery, as well as physical and digital data security.
- Documenting internal audit / review results and findings, writing reports, and presenting to management and the Board of Directors.
- Working with the Enterprise Risk Team to develop internal audit/review programs, and working with our Data Analytics team to develop reports to assure compliance with internal controls, regulatory requirements and to assess and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Assist in enhancing Farm Credit East’s internal anti-fraud program.
- Providing value to the organization by way of audit/review execution, developing recommendations for process improvement, and influencing positive changes within the Enterprise Risk Team.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all levels within the organization. A background in data analytics and understanding of technology, especially the capability to query data and assist with report development will beneficial.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Quality Assurance Officer. This position is designed to challenge you, while positioning you for success and further opportunities within Farm Credit East.
With varying levels of supervision, depending upon the task assigned and experience, this position is accountable for the following:
- Audits and Reviews: Conduct audits and reviews in accordance with the annual Risk Management Plan. Ensure compliance with Farm Credit East policies and procedures, as well as Farm Credit Administration, GAAP, and consumer lending regulations. While conducting audits and reviews you will travel between branch office locations across the Farm Credit East territory.
- Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Testing: Test controls in accordance with annual ICFR Plan to assess the reliability of financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements for external purposes.
- Special Projects: Complete special projects and assignments offered by Farm Credit East as prescribed by the Chief Risk Officer (or his delegate) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Teamwork and Communication: Contribute to a team atmosphere within the Risk Management team. Establish a good working rapport with Farm Credit East personnel, thereby promoting a partnership-type relationship between the Risk Management team and all Farm Credit East staff. Provide clear, concise verbal and written reports to Farm Credit East management and staff regarding operational performance as observed from reviews, audits and special projects.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
Candidates with two to five years of internal audit or related experience are preferred. It is also preferred that the candidate has obtained (or is in pursuit of) professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Overnight travel (up to 25%) throughout Farm Credit East’s territory is required.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual’s qualifications for a specific job opening. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit farmcrediteast.balancetrak.com.