Website The Nature Conservancy
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I help?” or “How can I make a difference?,” but you don’t know where to go or have the time to do it? Welcome to The Nature Conservancy. You have found the solution and now you can pointedly make a difference every day!
By joining our New York team, you will become part of a group that is a force to be reckoned with; a force for nature, a force for people, and a force for our planet. We are making a difference every day through our boots on the ground conservation work, voices in public policy advocacy, and teaching minds in local cities and communities. Our science community consists of a group of a women and men who are leading the industry on multiple fronts and who expertly bring strategy and action together.
The Freshwater Project Coordinator (FPC) advances the Conservancy’s resilient infrastructure and aquatic connectivity priorities through coordinating a diverse set of stakeholders, planning and prioritization, providing technical support, and facilitating the implementation of high-priority climate-resilient road-stream crossings. This position will contribute to building a model regional partnership in the Adirondack region of New York.
We are looking for a leader and problem solver with excellent project management skills and experience building effective partnerships. The successful candidate will expand an existing program in the Adirondack region of New York to reduce barriers to aquatic connectivity and make infrastructure more resilient to flooding. The FPC will work with partners, municipalities, state and federal agencies, universities, and other stakeholders to assess, prioritize, and replace undersized and vulnerable culverts with structures that mitigate flooding, allow for natural stream flow, and provide fish and wildlife passage. The FPC will think creatively about how to scale up and leverage current efforts to improve aquatic connectivity through infrastructure redesign and will contribute to statewide projects aiming to elevate resilient infrastructure across New York. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to natural resource management, ecology, hydrology, transportation planning and design, geomorphology, fisheries) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience building and maintaining positive working relationships with a variety of partners (for example, state agency staff, engineers, local government officials, scientists, media).
• Experience managing complex projects.
• Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
• Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means.
• Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, databases, web browsers, etc.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
If you are interested in doing work you can believe in, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, please visit https://www.nature.org/en-us/about-us/careers/ and search for job ID #48621 in the keyword search. Applications must be made online. Submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on April 12, 2020, to be considered. The location for this position is Keene Valley, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org