Website Cornell Cooperative Extension Monroe County
Putting Knowledge to Work
Serve as a member of the 4-H Youth Development team to assist with planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the 4-H Youth Development programs. This is a 40 hour full time position, with full benefits.
About & Responsibilities:
- Educator is responsible for promoting program objectives and delivering high quality 4-H Youth Development educational programs and events that address local, regional and statewide 4-H programming priorities
- 4-H utilizes the Positive Youth Development (PYD) model of educational outreach which is research driven and proven to help youth develop important life skills
- Examples of educational topics include: conservation, natural resources, gardening with Ag in the Classroom, STEM, nutrition, health and wellbeing, plant science, Life Skills and Workforce Preparation, Community Service and Leadership
- We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with youth of all ages, in a variety of settings, teaching a variety of topics
- We reach youth all over Monroe County, working with schools, libraries, rec centers, and community organizations in all urban, suburban, and rural settings
- See full job description on Workday when you click “Apply for Job” button
- Master’s or Equivalent Education. Bachelor’s plus 4 years transferable, relevant experience my substitute.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and visual channels using traditional methods and educational tools, as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
- Detail-oriented with ability to follow procedures and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with co-workers, advisors, community and professional leaders.
- Ability to plan and organize personal work responsibilities according to priorities developed with the immediate supervisor.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County HERE and more about out 4-H Youth Development program HERE.
Apply by September 9th.
To apply for this job please visit cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.