Website Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County
The Taste NY at Todd Hill Market Sales Clerk supports the Taste NY Market at Todd Hill. Primary responsibilities include assisting customers in a food service setting, maintaining clean and organized work stations and ensuring a clean guest area. Clerk provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards, follows health safety and sanitation guidelines for all products. Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Inspect the store for cleanliness, organization and refill supplies as needed.
The clerk is expected to discuss Dutchess County agriculture and local foods with customers, utilizing provided information and engage them in the areas of local agriculture products sold in the store. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively with managers and co-workers.
Please visit ccedutchess.org/jobs or email to apply!
· High School Diploma or equivalent education.
· Ability to complete basic math in a fast paced environment;
· Ability to work with the public;
· Attention to detail;
· Ability to operate or learn to operate a cash register;
· Ability to use or learn to use MS Word and excel;
· Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
· Ability to meet acceptable background check standards,
· Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
· 1-year retail sales experience;
· Microsoft Office proficiency including Excel;
· Experience working in customer service and retail environments;
· Understanding of basic marketing;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Proficiency with internet based communications;
· Knowledge of the organization, operation, philosophy and objectives of Cooperative Extension;
· Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices.
· Customer service – greets, assists and serves the needs of store customers.
· Store inspection, organization and recordkeeping. Must assist in maintaining a clean facility.
· Cash Controls – follow all procedures for proper management and handling of cash.
· Replenishment of store supplies and inventory. Track product inventory.
· Receive and log scheduled deliveries.
· Assist with promotion of agri-tourism in Dutchess County.
· Describe the local farms, produce, food and products displayed.
· Monitor product expiration dates and observe First in First out practices
· Follow health safety and sanitation guidelines store inspection, organization and restock as needed.
· Work with supervisors to learn about products being sold in the store.
· Maintain equipment, troubleshoot if necessary and alert manager (such equipment may be but not limited to cash register, coffee equipment, refrigerators and freezers).
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com