Website Cornell Cooperative Extension Cattaraugus County
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus County, located in Ellicottville, New York, is seeking a dynamic chief executive to provide overall leadership and management for a non-formal education organization which is part of the national land grant university system.
The Executive Director provides high-level leadership, management, and administrative oversight for Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus County as well as lead development and implementation of a compelling, contemporary vision for non-formal, locally relevant programming within a dynamic and diverse organizational culture. The Executive Director will set local program priorities in collaboration with the Board of Directors ensuring equitable, diverse, and inclusive programs and practices, operational compliance and risk management, fiscal oversight, and effective people management.
The Executive Director successfully navigates competing priorities while also building and maintaining tactful, collaborative relationships with multiple audiences including legislators, local government leaders, community leaders, funding agencies, staff, other extension associations, the Western NY Shared Business Network, extension administration, Cornell faculty, and stakeholders.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in Management, Agriculture, Horticulture, Natural Resources, Youth Development, Nutrition, or related Cooperative Extension programming area.
• Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience, including at least four (4) years in leadership and management responsibilities including human resources, finance, and organizational management. PhD may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
• Demonstrated effective and innovative program development and implementation experience in at least one of CCE’s five priority program areas (agriculture and food systems; 4-H youth development; nutrition and child obesity; community and economic vitality; natural resources, energy, and environment).
• Commitment to working with diverse populations, contributing to organizational diversity efforts, and/or evidence of cultural competence
• Demonstrated knowledge of the operation, philosophy, and objectives of a non-formal education system such as Cooperative Extension.
• Demonstrated ability and experience with strategic planning, ability to establish and communicate goals and objectives, and to set meaningful and achievable plans-of-work.
• Proven experience and success in effective management practices and procedures, including a working knowledge of fiscal planning, budget development and management, proposal writing, and personnel management. Demonstrated knowledge of effective management practices and procedures, including a working knowledge of fiscal planning, budget development and management, proposal writing, and personnel management.
• Substantial coursework and/or experience in Education preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with the political process as it relates to obtaining funding and other support.
• Experience within CCE, public (governmental), and/or nonprofit leadership.
• Experience in leadership, management, education, and/or grant writing/grant management.
• Experience working with State and local officials.
• Experienced in running a not-for-profit or diverse organization, with diverse people. Skilled at leading teams, facilitating toward consensus, and planning strategically with multiple stakeholders
• Ability and willingness to become a visible community member/leader of Cattaraugus County.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with annualized salary of $70,000. Excellent benefits, based on eligibility, including paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time, health and dental insurance, Retirement, Disability Insurance and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Find out more about Cornell Cooperative Extension and review the full details of this job online HERE.
For priority consideration submit materials online by 11:59pm on February 15, 2023. All applicants should complete an application online and include a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.