INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana State Fair and Corteva Agriscience are proud to announce the Featured Farmers being honored at this year’s Indiana State Fair.
In its fourth year, this program celebrates and helps put a face on Hoosier agriculture by connecting consumers with farmers. The 17 farm operations represent all regions of the state, showcasing different agricultural products throughout the 17-day fair, Aug. 3-19.
“The Indiana State Fair is the perfect place for consumers to meet the farmers who dedicate their lives to feeding us all. We are pleased to once again make this connection happen through the Featured Farmers program. At Corteva Agriscience, we are committed to enhancing lives and helping farmers succeed,” said Ben Kaehler, Commercial Unit Leader, Eastern Corn Belt, Corteva Agriscience.
Visitors to the Indiana State Fair can attend a live chat at the Glass Barn with a Featured Farmer every day of the fair, in addition to many other opportunities to talk with that day’s Featured Farm family and learn about their operation. To learn more about the farmers, visit IndianaStateFair.com, and follow along on social media (@IndyStateFair).
“Agriculture is the foundation of our Great Indiana State Fair and the Featured Farmers program is one of the many ways we honor our commitment to Hoosier farmers,” said Cindy Hoye, Executive Director, Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center. “We are thrilled to help tell their stories and celebrate our farmers every year at the Fair.”
Here are the featured farmers and their home counties:
- (Aug. 3) Legan family — Legan Livestock & Grain, Inc., Putnam County
- (Aug. 4) Tim Schwab — Kopp Land & Livestock, Franklin County
- (Aug. 5) Cox family — Maple Island Farms, Benton County
- (Aug. 6) Mark Boyer — Hoosier Healthy Oils, Miami County
- (Aug. 7) Brian Churchill — Preferred Popcorn, Harrison County
- (Aug. 8) Verhey family — Verhey Ag Production, Tippecanoe County
- (Aug. 9) Goebel family — Goebel Farms, Vanderburg County
- (Aug. 10) Obert family -Obert Legacy Dairy, Gibson County
- (Aug. 11) Corbin family — Corbin Beef & Poultry, Clay County
- (Aug. 12) Herr family — Herr Dairy Farm, Noble County
- (Aug. 13) Smith family — Smith Sheep Farm, Benton County
- (Aug. 14) Troike family — Hoosier Shrimp Farm, Starke County
- (Aug. 15) Mohler family — Sweet Corn Charlie Produce LLC, Elkhart County
- (Aug. 16) Michalke family — Sugar Creek Malt Co., Boone County
- (Aug. 17) Kristy Kikly and Mike Hoopengardner — Caprini Creamery, Henry County
- (Aug. 18) Zody family — Zody Family Farm & Narrow Gate Horse Ranch, Howard County
- (Aug. 19) Wehr family — Wehr Farms, Fayette County
— Indiana State Fair