ST. LOUIS, Mo. — The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center Tuesday announced the preliminary lineup of presentations and panel discussions by innovative thinkers for AgTech NEXT, the bold new food and agtech innovation summit will be held May 4 – 6, 2020 at the Danforth Center in St. Louis, MO. Speakers and panelists were selected for their track record of innovative thinking and impactful decision making, creating a robust, holistic agenda that balances perspectives from thought leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and farmers. Discounted tickets are on sale now through April 20.
Organized around the theme of “Risks and Rewards”, the preliminary agenda includes presentations and panel discussions on:
- Views on the farming models of the future.
- Perceived risks by food and ag CEOs and how those risk perceptions have changed.
- Where will risk capital go in the next 24 months?
- Shifting the focus from yield toward soil health can bring profitability and positive environmental outcomes.
- The disruption in the ag and food industries and how these trends impact the entire value chain.
- Sustainability: What is it, who pays for it, and can it be implemented cost-effectively today?
- Navigating the messy middle; companies sharing their experience navigating between funding rounds and profitability.
- Insights on risk mitigation strategies in a changing world.
- The importance of robust communications plans to get ahead of risk.
- What makes a viable farm.
- Operating in a world of a food system transformation.
For more details, www.agtechnext.org/agenda
“We know that those in the food and agtech space have many options these days regarding which conferences to attend. As one of the first organizations to host a conference addressing innovations in agriculture, we felt it our duty to offer something different. AgTech NEXT offers attendees a truly intimate gathering of innovators in a one-of-a-kind setting with focused conversations meant to spark not merely thinking but action. The gathering is designed to result in more than the sum of its attendees,” said Sam Fiorello, COO, Danforth Plant Science Center.
Sponsorship packages are available. 2020 Partners include Aon, Bayer Crop Science, Bryan Cave, Tech Accel, Alliance STL, Ameren, Clayco, Lewis and Clark Ventures, KWS, Missouri Technology Corporation, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, Open Prairie, Benson Hill, BioSTL, CoBank, Missouri Department of Agriculture and Wexford Science + Technology.
The Danforth Center is organizing the event with Keynote Events, a boutique global network of events professionals that is committed to creating world-class events for the most innovative markets.
About the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
Founded in 1998, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is a not-for-profit research institute with a mission to improve the human condition through plant science. Research, education, and outreach aim to have an impact at the nexus of food security and the environment and position the St. Louis region as a world center for plant science. The Center’s work is funded through competitive grants from many sources, including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and individual donors. Follow us on Twitter at @DanforthCenter.
— Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
For more news from Missouri, click here.