BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — Roger Sy, a farmer from Newman, Ill., was elected by his peers to serve as chairman of the Illinois Corn Marketing Board (ICMB) for the 2019-20 term.
Sy, a Douglas County farmer, has served on ICMB for six years. As chairman, Sy will represent ICMB as a whole and will continue his obligations to corn farmers in District 12, covering Clark, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar and Jasper counties.
Also elected to officer positions were Jim Reed (DeLand) as Secretary, Dirk Rice (Philo) as Vice-Chairman, and Mark Wilson (Toulon) as Treasurer.
Five districts held corn checkoff board elections earlier this summer. Newly elected were:
- District 3 – Henderson, Henry, Knox, Mercer, Rock Island and Warren counties; Robert (Rob) Elliott, Cameron
- District 6 – Champaign, Ford, Iroquois and Vermillion counties; Dirk Rice, Philo
- District 9 – Adams, Brown, Hancock, McDonough, Pike and Schuyler counties; Daniel (Dan) Cole, Plainville
- District 12 – Clark, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar and Jasper counties; Roger Sy, Newman
- District 15 – Alexander, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Saline, Union and Williamson counties; Jeff Scates, Shawneetown
— Illinois Corn Growers Association
For more articles out of Illinois, click here.