WILLMAR, Minn. — Were you impressed with the early summer rally in corn prices? Corn producers had a chance to sell cash corn for $4 per bushel. Price charts indicate this was producers first chance at $4 corn in five years. But was it really? How to get $4 corn is a simulation game where attendees will explore three steps towards getting $4 – or more – for their corn.
- Price grain before harvest
- At harvest, store grain and roll the hedge forward to spring
- With a better spring basis, price and deliver grain
The workshop was designed by Extension Economist Ed Usset. Ed also developed the award winning “Winning the Game” series of workshops.
Three Women in Ag Network How to get $4 corn workshops are planned for attendees to choose the location best for them.
- Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Albany – Hillcrest Restaurant, 1004 Shamrock Ln, Albany, MN 56307
- Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019 from 5:30 – 9 p.m. at Redwood Falls Area Community Center, 901 E Cook St., Redwood Falls, MN 56283
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020 from 5:30 – 9 p.m. at Mankato Business Development Center Building Lake Washington Room, 1961 Premier Dr., Mankato, MN 56001
The cost for the workshops is $10, which includes a meal. Register and pay online for the workshop location you plan to attend at z.umn.edu/WAGN. Deadline to register is a week prior to the event.
Learn more about the Women in Ag Network at z.umn.edu/WAGN. For more information about this event contact Megan Roberts (507-389-6722, email@example.com) or Sarah Schieck (320-235-0726 ext. 2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
— Sarah Schieck, University of Minnesota Extension Educator, U of MN Extension Regional Center, Willmar
For more news from Minnesota, click here.