BRATTLEBORO, Vt. — Two new bulls have recently been released through the Holstein Marketplace Sires program, managed by Holstein Services, Inc. Introduced in January 2019, Holstein Marketplace Sires provides a unique avenue for Holstein breeders to market their genetics. Under the program, bull owners retain ownership of the bulls, and Holstein Marketplace Sires coordinates marketing and sales of the bull’s semen.
Holstein Marketplace Sires is pleased to make two bulls available hailing from the popular Cookiecutter MOM Halo-ET VG-88 DOM family. Halo traces back through six generations of Very Good and Excellent dams to the prominent Snow-N Denises Dellia EX-95 2E GMD DOM.
712HO01012 COOKIECUTTER D HELMSMAN-ET *RC, bred and owned by Cookiecutter Holsteins LLC, Hudson Falls, N.Y. HELMSMAN is sired by Claynook Discjockey-ET, out of VG-85 Cookiecutter Avlnc Hayva-ET. His next dam, EX-94 2E Cookiecutter Mac Halmaci-ET, boasts a lifetime production record of almost 174,000 pounds of milk with 4.5% fat and 3.3% protein tests. In total, HELMSMAN is backed by 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams. He is a strong type improver at +3.58 PTAT and +2.93 UDC, with positive components and production. HELMSMAN is also a red carrier.
712HO01013 AOT HOOSICK-ET, bred and owned by AOT Genetics, Valley Falls, N.Y. HOOSICK is a K-Style Tarino Spartacus-ET son out of VG-89 DOM Cookiecutter Dta Habitan-ET, then a VG-88 DOM Minnigan-Hills Day-ET, for a total of 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams behind him. Coming in at +2925 GTPI®, HOOSICK provides a unique combination of high fertility (+2.6 Fertility Index) and type (+2.42 PTAT & +2.38 UDC). Adding to his well-balanced genetic profile, he also brings to the table strong components (108 CFP, +0.17% F, +0.05% P), desirable SCS (2.81) and PL (+5.4), and easy calving (1.6% SCE).
Holstein Marketplace Sires is offering an Introductory Online Special for HELMSMAN and HOOSICK. Free domestic US shipping included with 20+ unit order minimum of either HOOSICK or HELMSMAN.
Other bulls currently available through Holstein Marketplace Sires
- 712HO01011 C-HAVEN POSITIVE DELUXE-ET: Positive x VG-87 Slamdunk x VG-87 Josuper, DELUXE ranks amongst the most elite available bulls in the breed at +2986 GTPI®, +1026 DWP$®, +829 NM$ and +849 CM$. He is backed by 15 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams with strong production records, going back to Coldsprings Dur Chan 109-ET EX-95 2E DOM. DELUXE is also A2/A2. Bred and owned by Thomas Priest & Thomas T. Mercuro, Greencastle, Pa. Conventional and a limited amount of sexed DELUXE semen is currently available.
- 712HO01010 KINGS-RANSOM C CRUISIN-ET: Crushabull x EX-94 Monterey x EX-95 2E Mogul, in total, CRUISIN is backed by 11 generations of high-scoring Excellent dams, going back to “Queen of the Breed” C Glenridge Citation Roxy, and his 10 closest dams average 93.1 points. His genomic conformation values back up the pedigree, at +2.93 PTA Type, +2.58 UDC and +1.19 FLC. CRUISIN is also A2/A2. Bred and owned by Kings-Ransom Farm LLC, Schuylerville, N.Y.
- 12HO01009 TRAMILDA STUNNING BLAZER: Doctor x VG-87 Delta x VG-85 Chevrolet, BLAZER has a well-balanced, modern genomic profile, being over +1,300 pounds Milk, with 113 pounds combined Fat and Protein, with positive health and fertility traits and desirable conformation values (+1.62 PTAT, +1.68 UDC and +1.08 FLC). Bred and owned by Troy & Austin Yoder, Montezuma, Ga.
- 712HO01008 OCD KENOBI FOGHAT-ET: Kenobi x VG-87 Burley x EX-90 Delta, FOGHAT is backed by a total of 11 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams, going back through the Markwell Bstar E Raven-ET EX-95 3E GMD DOM cow family. With a +2802 GTPI, he brings a package of high component percentages with a combined 113 pounds of Fat and Protein, along with desirable health traits; +4.8 PL, +2.0 LIV, and +2.7 DPR. Bred and owned by Oakfield Corners Dairy, Oakfield, N.Y.
- 712HO01007 TERRA-LINDA RYNO-ET: Tahiti x VG-86 Modesty x EX-90 Montross, RYNO hails from the Robthom Georgia Integrity EX-92 2E GMD DOM cow family through a strong maternal line. He is a well-balanced bull, coming in at +2726 GTPI, with strong production numbers of +1,146 Milk and a combined 119 pounds of Fat and Protein, also being A2/A2. RYNO is positive in his fertility traits, is +1.36 PTAT and +1.46 UDC. Bred and owned by Terra Linda Dairy, Tulare, Calif.
- 712HO01006 RASBERRY CRSBL RIP CITY-ET: Crushabull x VG-85 Monterey x EX-91 Epic, then 17 more generations of Excellent dams behind her, tracing back to Audrey Posch EX-93 2E GMD. RIP CITY boasts impressive conformation values at +3.19 PTAT, +2.63 UDC and +1.40 FLC, complemented by positive component percentages and Fertility Index values. Owned by Karl & Donna Hale, Cloverdale, Ore.
- 712HO01005 OUR-FAVORITE CHARISMA-ET: King Doc x VG-88 Hang Time x EX-94 2E Atwood from one of Our-Favorite Holsteins’ foundational cow families; 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams with an average classification of 91.2 points. +2608 GTPI with very strong conformation at +3.29 PTAT, +2.28 UDC, and +1.84 FLC; also, A2/A2 and Kappa Casein BB. Bred and owned by Our-Favorite Holsteins, Fall Creek, Wis.
All bulls offered through Holstein Marketplace Sires are free of any haplotypes impacting fertility.
Visit www.holsteinusa.com/marketplacesires to view complete pedigree and genetic information on HELMSMAN, HOOSICK, and the other Marketplace Sires currently available. The site features many generations of photos from their maternal lines, and commentary from the bull owners.
Purchasing semen from Holstein Marketplace Sires is simple. Order online or over the phone with your credit card and have semen shipped directly to your doorstep. Buy online by visiting www.holsteinusa.com/marketplacesires, click the red “Buy Now” button, fill in number of units you would like to purchase, and check out using our secure online system. Orders may also be placed by calling customer service 800.952.5200 or contacting a Holstein Association USA regional sales representative.
–Holstein Association USA
For more articles concerning the dairy industry, click here.