BRATTLEBORO, Vt. — The National Junior Holstein Association is a dynamic organization for youth under the age of 21, with over 8,000 active members in 48 states.
Semifinalists in the 97th Annual Holstein Association USA Distinguished Junior Member contest, a competition recognizing excellence in the Junior Holstein Association, are announced.
Established in 1922, this contest is the longest running Holstein youth program. The Distinguished Junior Member award is the highest honor given to members of the National Junior Holstein Association, ages 17 to 21, in recognition of a commitment to the Holstein breed and involvement in a variety of agriculture related activities.
The 2019 Distinguished Junior Members Semifinalists are:
- Nathan Arthur, Sumner, Iowa
- Madeline Beaudry, Walpole, New Hampshire
- Allison Breunig, Sauk City, Wisconsin
- Kalista Hodorff, Eden, Wisconsin
- Brock Irwin, Belvidere, Illinois
- Cady McGehee, Okeechobee, Florida
- Courtney Moser, Westby, Wisconsin
- Sierra Swanson, Hutchinson, Minnesota
- Sarah Thomas, Pittsboro, North Carolina
- Zachariah Tolzman, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Taylor Wolfe, Milton, Pennsylvania
- Lora Wright, Verona, Missouri
The twelve semifinalists will interview at the National Holstein Convention, June 23-27, 2019 in Appleton, Wisconsin. Six finalists are announced during the Convention Gala Banquet, June 27, 2019 at the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Eight finalists have been named in Holstein Association USA’s annual Young Distinguished Junior Member (YDJM) competition.
The YDJM recognition is designed to reward youth, ages 9 to 16, who demonstrate a firsthand working knowledge of the dairy industry. Applicants must participate in Registered Holstein®, dairy and other activities, be role models for other youth and good spokespeople for the dairy industry.
The 2019 Young Distinguished Junior Members Finalists are:
- Caroline Arrowsmith, Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania
- Delana Erbsen, Lanark, Illinois
- Austin Holcomb, Lithia, Florida
- Kylie Konyn, Escondido, California
- Brianna Meyer, Chilton, Wisconsin
- Ainsley Noble, Lancaster, Wisconsin
- Addison Raber, Gridly, Illinois
- Clarissa Ulness, Valders, Wisconsin
The 2019 Young Distinguished Junior Members Finalists will be recognized during the 2019 National Junior Holstein Awards Luncheon on June 27, 2019 in Appleton, Wisconsin.
2019 National Holstein Convention tickets are available by registering online, www.2019holsteinconventionwi.com/register.
For more information about the YDJM contest or other Holstein youth programs, visit www.holsteinusa.com/juniors, or contact Kelli Dunklee at 800.952.5200, ext. 4124 or email.
–Holstein Association USA
For more articles concerning the dairy industry, click here.