VERNON, N.Y. — Learn how to extend your growing season and utilize a proven technology for crop production to improve profitability and productivity. This August 7, 2017, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, join Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County for a high tunnel workshop. Registration is $10.00 per person, which includes handouts, lunch and a tour at Freedom Farm Market.
The start of registration and class will be held at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County, 121 Second Street, Oriskany, NY 13424. We will travel, your own vehicles, to Freedom Farm Market, a 25 minute drive to Vernon, NY.
For information: 315 736 3394, Terri Harrison, extension 168. Register by Thursday, August 3, 2017 at www.cceoneida.com.
- The High Tunnel Workshop will include time of planting for vegetables by Judson Reid, Extension Vegetable Specialist, CCE Yates County;
- Fertilization and pH of water (using municipal water) by Neil Mattson, Associate Professor, Cornell University;
- Diseases of herbs and vegetables in the greenhouse, Brian Eshenaur, NYS Ornamentals IPM Extension Area Educator, Cornell University;
- Creating an IPM plan by Betsy Lamb, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Ornamental IPM, Coordinator NYSIPM, Cornell University
- We will travel to tour Freedom Farm Market’s high tunnels located at 4826 State Route 5, Vernon, NY 13476 315 829 4880, Steve Adamkowski, Owner
—Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County
For more articles out of New York, click here.