ALBANY — New York State Agricultural Mediation Program (NYSAMP) is offering remote services via video calls or phone. All of our services are free or low cost. We continue to offer free mediation for neighbor disputes, farm transition issues, lease issues, credit and debt issues. Our expanded free services include mediation for interpersonal farm family issues.
NYSAMP will also offer free conflict coaching for individuals – available statewide for a range of issues.
What is Conflict Coaching
Coaching can be used to resolve a past or present conflict, to prepare for a mediation or for a conversation and to improve the ability to deal with or handle conflict situations.
A conflict coach works with an individual, to understand a conflict and how to effectively manage the situation. Conflict coaching can support an individual to;
- clarify what’s most important in the present situation
- envision a better future
- prepare for an upcoming interaction to make a positive outcome more likely
Conflict coaching helps individuals to gain insight and skills to communicate and to manage the conflict. Conflict coaching is a valuable tool for personal and professional conflicts.
Interpersonal Farm Family Issues
NYSAMP can offer services for a range of issues for farm families. Please reach out if you would like to see if our services are a good fit for your situation. Here are some examples of situations.
- Resolving co-parenting issues for parents living apart who might need to adjust child-care responsibilities.
- Coming to agreements about custody, visitation, and child support.
- Challenges between parents/guardians and adolescent children.
- Disputes between family members and other relatives.
- Siblings and extended family members making decisions about elder care issues.
If you are a farmer or farm family member experiencing a conflict and are interested in mediation or conflict coaching please email us at email@example.com. Or you can call us at 866-669-7267 and leave a message on the machine. All calls and inquiries are confidential.
NYSAMP is a program of the USDA in partnership with the New York State Dispute Resolution Association.
Wishing you all courage, good health and safety in these challenging times. Claudia Kenny, Statewide Director
— New York State Agricultural Mediation Program
For more news from New York, click here.