GALVESTON, Texas — The Honey Bee Health Coalition is made up of more than 40 organizations, businesses, and nonprofits and includes many leading experts on pollinator health issues. That’s why it is no surprise that Coalition members will be delivering key presentations throughout the 2017 North American Beekeeping Conference in Galveston, Texas.
In addition to these speaking roles and sessions — see below for a full listing — the Coalition also will have a booth at the tradeshow from noon on Wednesday, Jan. 11, through 4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 13. Come visit us at table No. 25 and help us discuss the Coalition’s work with beekeepers.
Register for the conference by visiting http://nabeekeepingconference.
Coalition Member Presentations at the 2017 North American Beekeeping Conference
Wednesday, Jan. 11
- 8:20 – 9:10 a.m., ABF and AHPA president’s opening addresses (Darren Cox, President, American Honey Producers Association; Gene Brandi, President, American Beekeeping Federation)
- 2:20 – 2:40 p.m. AHPA Legislative Update – Eric Silva, North South Government Strategies
- 2:40 – 2:55 p.m. Report from the Foundation for the Preservation of Honey Bees & Introduction of Foundation Scholars – Joan Gunter, Chairman, Foundation for the Preservation of Honey Bees
- 3:25 – 3:55 p.m. The Latest on Nutrition and Varroa Research to Improve Colony Health and Survival, Tucson Lab Update – Dr. Gloria DeGrandi-Hoffman, USDA-ARS Carl Hayden Bee Research Center
- 4:25 – 4:45 p.m. Project Apis m: The first 10 years and Next 10 years – Danielle Downey, Director of Operations, Project Apis m
- 4:45 – 5:05 p.m. Bee Informed: Data Driven – Dr. Dennis van Engelsdorp, University of Maryland
- 5:15 – 6 p.m. AHPA New Member Orientation – Randy Verhoek, Harvest Honey & IntegriBees, LLC
Thursday, Jan. 12
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. Beginning beekeeper session, Honey Bee Health Coalition Tools for Varroa Management – Mark Dykes, AIA President (Note: also included above)
- 1:30 – 2 p.m. Serious Sideliner session, Proactive Varroa Management Using Alternative Control Methods – Dr. Medhat Nasr, Alberta Agriculture & Rural Development
- 4 – 4:30 p.m. Beginner Beekeeper session, Honey, I Broke the Bee Club! – Michele Colopy, Pollinator Stewardship Council
Friday, Jan. 13
- 9:05 – 9:35 a.m. Building a Better Mouse Trap for Honey Bee Health – Peter Berthelsen, Pheasants Forever, Inc.
- 3:40 – 4 p.m. Pollinator Stewardship Council: We Work for Beekeepers – Michele Colopy, Pollinator Stewardship Council
Read the full conference agenda by visiting its website.
–Honey Bee Health Coalition
For more articles concerning pollination, click here.