BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AgPR) — While many organizations are putting their summer internship programs on hold, GROWMARK continues its legacy program that just celebrated 60 years. This year though, the program will primarily operate virtually in an effort to keep interns and employees safe.
Thirty college students are exploring agricultural career opportunities this summer as GROWMARK Interns. They are working at FS member cooperatives in Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Ontario, Canada; as well as the GROWMARK corporate office in Bloomington, IL, and GROWMARK FS in the northeast.
The interns are exposed to accounting, marketing, and product and service-related activities. Each intern will complete a business-related project and deliver a presentation on their project at the conclusion of their internships.
“We are excited for the 61st year of the GROWMARK internship program,” said Kayla Portwood, GROWMARK Member & Student Recruiting Manager. “The program continues to be a key component in identifying and retaining top talent for the System. Students engage with industry professionals on important projects and have the opportunity to clarify career goals, while we get exposed to some of the most talented students.”
The GROWMARK internship program began in 1959 with three interns. Since then, more than 1,300 students have been involved in the program.
The interns, serving GROWMARK and FS companies come from:
Grace College and Theological Seminary, OH
• Kendall Lovejoy, Legacy Farmers Cooperative
• Grant Flynn, Praireland FS
• Katelyn Tabit, Sunrise FS
Illinois State University
• Savanna Sexton, Sunrise FS
• Andrew Tegeler, Total Grain Marketing
• Cole Sheley, AgLand FS
• Jake McClanahan, AgLand FS
• Chad Boarman, Christian County FS
• Sarah Kaeb, GROWMARK, Inc.
Iowa State University
• Augustus Leonard. GROWMARK FS Midwest
• Emily Hora, Insight FS
• Derick Weiermann, New Century FS
• Jake Fell, West Central FS
Murray State University, KY
• Grace Haney, Southern FS
Penn State University
• Courtney Walter, GROWMARK FS
• Lindsay Schoch, GROWMARK FS
• Rebecca Lee, GROWMARK FS
Southern Illinois University
• Kenna Steber, Wabash Valley Service Co.
University of Illinois
• Collin Eubanks, Illini FS
• Isaac Werries, Western Grain Marketing
• John Rahn, Stephenson Service Co.
University of Guelph, Ontario, CANADA
• Wes Klages, Lucknow Co-operative
University of Missouri
• Colton Snyder, Prairieland FS
University of Wisconsin – Platteville
• Hailey Krutzik, Insight FS
• Jake Steffes, Insight FS
• Meg Tessendorf, Stephenson Service Co.
• Same Brownlee, West Central FS
• Justin Fox, Insight FS
Western Illinois University
• Jacob Weyrich, AgLand FS
• Gavin Dannenberg, GRAINCO FS
• Alex Canada, Sunrise FS
GROWMARK is an agricultural cooperative with annual sales of $8.7 billion (FY 2019 data) providing agronomy, energy, facility planning, and logistics products and services, as well as grain marketing and risk management services throughout North America. Headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois, GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member cooperatives. More information is available at growmark.com.
— GROWMARK via AgPR.com the news release distribution service for agriculture