DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — Golden Harvest has announced the addition of 12 new hybrids to its corn portfolio for the 2023 season. The new corn seed products, which include 10 corn hybrids and two conventional corn hybrids, feature improved agronomics and increased yield potential. The new hybrids join a game-changing Golden Harvest® corn portfolio that outperforms competitors in fields across the Corn Belt.
Research and development drive increased corn yield potential
The 12 new corn hybrids range in relative maturity from 87 to 117 days and feature industry-leading corn traits for insect control:
- Five hybrids include the Duracade™ trait for above- and below-ground insect protection and best-in-class corn rootworm control.
- Five hybrids include the Viptera™ trait, the most comprehensive above-ground insect control trait and the only effective western bean cutworm control trait.
In addition to leading insect control traits, the new corn hybrids help deliver value in the field and at harvest.
“With investments in research and development, trait introgression, and trialing, we are seeing great improvements in our newly advanced hybrids,” said Rex Gray, Golden Harvest corn product manager ― West. “Because of their improved agronomics, standability, disease tolerance, test weight and yield potential, our newest products truly are a step-up when compared to our key competitors.”
In specific geographies, Golden Harvest will offer a new Enogen® corn hybrid for the 2023 season. In the ethanol market, Enogen corn for fuel enhances the ethanol production process by improving process efficiency, while Enogen corn for feed hybrids help deliver more available energy when incorporated into dairy or beef cattle rations.
Game-changing corn performance in competitive trials
In addition to the 12 new corn hybrids, Golden Harvest offers six key corn hybrids that outperform the competition in trials1 across the Midwest.
Farmers can consider these data points as they put together their 2023 corn crop plans:
- Golden Harvest® corn G91V51-D brand outyielded DEKALB® brand corn products by an average of 0.7 bushels per acre (bu/A) in 207 comparisons.
- Golden Harvest corn G02K39-AA brand outyielded DEKALB and Pioneer® brand corn products by an average of 4 bu/A in 2,044 comparisons.
- Golden Harvest corn G10D21-VZ brand outyielded Pioneer brand corn products by an average of 2.4 bu/A in 1,740 comparisons.
- Golden Harvest corn G10L16-DV brand outyielded DEKALB and Pioneer brand corn products by an average of 2.2 bu/A in 3,916 comparisons.
- Golden Harvest corn G11V76-AA brand outyielded DEKALB and Pioneer brand corn products by an average of 2.2 bu/A in 2,466 comparisons.
- Golden Harvest corn G15J91-V brand outyielded DEKALB and Pioneer brand corn products by an average of 3.4 bu/A in 4,303 comparisons.
“Our game-changing corn hybrids deliver best-in-class performance across the industry,” said Andy Ackley, Golden Harvest corn portfolio manager ― East. “We put agronomics first and focus on placing the right management structure on the right acre to bring farmers broad adaptability, high yield potential, solid agronomics and great late-season health. Golden Harvest corn hybrids are the cornerstone on which to build a whole farm corn solution package farmers can count on.”
To learn more about Golden Harvest corn and discover which hybrids are right for your fields, visit www.GameChangingCorn.com.
1 Average yield performance assessments are based upon results of 2019, 2020 and 2021 internal Syngenta trials, analysis of public information, field observations and/or internal Syngenta evaluations. For more information regarding yield comparisons against an individual product, ask your Golden Harvest Seed Advisor.
About Golden Harvest
Golden Harvest Seeds has been working with and listening to farmers with intention since 1973, offering in-depth seeds expertise combined with the local agronomic know-how of an independent Golden Harvest Seed Advisor to help identify custom solutions for every corn and soybean acre. Today, each Golden Harvest hybrid or variety is bred with the individual needs of hardworking farmers in mind. Golden Harvest corn hybrids feature elite genetics with proven performance and the most complete above- and below-ground insect control solutions with Duracade and Viptera trait stacks. Golden Harvest soybean varieties include the industry’s broadest trait choice and exclusive genetics that set a new standard for performance and yield potential.
— Golden Harvest